Topic: CSV Import Error

Having a weird issue trying to import my collection from MTG Manager.  I'd done a test run of a smaller batch before, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The CSV file has 4 columns with the following header, Count,Name,Edition,Foil

When attempting the file check, I get the following error,

Error: The header of the csv file is not correct. Please check that the columns in your file contain at the minimum Count and Name. Unrecognized colums: Count.

I tried switching the order of the columns so that Name came before count, and the same error came up saying Name was unrecognized. The file is saved as a CSV UTF-8 format, and I'm really rather confused as to what might be wrong.

Re: CSV Import Error

fizzlefist wrote:

The file is saved as a CSV UTF-8 format, and I'm really rather confused as to what might be wrong.

That's the issue! It needs to be in ANSI rather than UTF-8.

Should work with UTF8. Could you please send the file to support@deckbox.org? I will debug this.

Should work with UTF8. Could you please send the file to support@deckbox.org? I will debug this.

Sure thing!  I'll email it to you in just a minute, the file is named Import1.csv

I found a workaround by sticking the full list of cards into the earlier file i used to test.  I have no idea what's different that let it work.  I'll send that to you as well, named AvacynDeck.csv

sebi wrote:

This would be a great fix, because this has been an issue for as long as I've been on the site, at least. And I've helped diagnose the issue with other members in the forum before. (In fact, the CSV attached within the linked thread might be another one that can help you debug the issue.) I never bothered reporting it, because I figured ANSI was needed by design!