Topic: New Users/Introduction Thread

Wasn't one so I decided to start one.

Hello, my name is Brian. I'm from the Pittsburgh area, been a semicasual semicompetitive player since 5th edition. Currently, i'm looking forward to going to the Pro Tour Qualifier here on the 7th.

Re: New Users/Introduction Thread

Hi all,

I'm Laura and I've been playing Magic only since the Shards of Alara set came out, I started playing with the Elves vs. Goblins duel deck. I could say i'm only a casual player as we don't have PTQs in Romania, but I participated in the Nationals last year.

Hello,

My name's Andreas and I'm currently located in Sweden. I've played Magic casually since Unlimited/Arabian Nights, as well as the WoW TCG since it came out. I am also a UDE (Upper Deck Entertainment) Judge and Tournament Organizer. If you have any questions pertaining to WoW TCG (as I only play Magic rarely, and haven't checked the Shards of Alara and the following sets), feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Andreas "Kargha" Persson

Hai Everybody!

Everyone that isn't my family calls me Reno.

I have been actively playing MtG since the Nemesis Expansion, but have been aware of the game since Revised. Until Ravnica, I hadn't the funds to play in any competitive format. At that time, I found a couple of friends who played with me back in the day, we combined our collections into one massive compendium, and keep the cost of playing down by continuing to share our collection. One of my teammates is morinkenmar.

I'm pretty good on rules questions for MtG, and I'll be happy to entertain any you may have in the general discussion thread. What I can't answer, I'll defer to MorinKenmar, or my other teammate. Beyond that, I can refer to a couple of for real judges.

Big fan of EDH, and other forms of casual play.

Anyhow, ttyl.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

Hi,
I'm Pablo,
And I really like cookies big_smile
I'm from Belgium, and I play MTG with my cousin and a friend.
Now I feel like I'm doing and oral test in elementary school.
I started playing like a year ago with my cousin 'cause that friend recommended it. I now am the best of us three ! Mostly playing my fungus deck. It's way too slow, but so are the deck of my two rivals so it doesn't really matter big_smile
Well, that's all I can say on a MTG TCG forum I think tongue

Greets !
-Pablo

It's not necro'ing if there's only one other thread above it tongue

I'm lordmalinari and I've played quite a few card games over my twelve+ years of gaming. I started with Pokemon (old school) and gradually gravitated towards Warhammer 40k CCG (1st Ed) and Magic (got into Magic properly around the time of Time Spiral but I'd been playing it since Masques block), then VS System which I played from the release of Marvel Origins to its cancellation. When VS System was cancelled I spent a few years flitting between games (WoW, L5R etc.) but with the release of Warhammer Invasion I've found a new, affordable card gaming hobby, and that's the reason why I'm here wink

If you have any questions about Warhammer Invasion feel free to ask and I hope you'll enjoy having me here as much as I'll enjoy being here big_smile

P.S. Yes, I'm one of those people who overuse smilies, what're you gonna do about it? tongue

Hi

Great site, came here from the link on the FFG Warhammer Invasion boards, and will promote it on other sites I frequent.

I'm Dave, I've been out of CCG's for a while now and Warhammer Invasion is the first game in quite some time to catch my fancy. I played a lot of Magic back right at the start in Revised and all the way through to Mirage where I stopped (Had better things to spend my money on at Uni :-) ). I played a lot of the Raw Deal card game from around 2001 to 2005, which I did OK at, won a trip to New York in 2003 which was cool, but eventually stopped playing due to  a combination of a lack of a local playing environment and work commitments.

I'm based in the UK (as my screen name may suggest! :-) ) and I post on both the UK Warhammer Invasion boards on SQC

http://www.omnihedron.co.uk/squaredcircle/index.php

and the main FFG boards.

Regards

D.

Last edited by bountyhunteruk (2010-03-16 23:46:02)

Hi, this is an awesome site. I am Charlie and I play in Austin, TX. I started playing back in Unlimited and stopped shortly after Tempest. At the time I came from a smaller area in Upstate NY, so I had very few people to play with and I had very little understanding about the value of cards. Unfortunately, I chucked my collection years later without any knowledge of what was in it or how much any of it was worth hmm (I know there wasn't power). I started back up after Alara Reborn launched and now I play with an awesome group of people. EDH and drafting are my favorite formats.

Bump.

Hey everyone,

I'm Trevor, I was first introduced to Magic when Invasion was the latest set on the block.  Onslaught block was responsible for a fascination in tribal decks and eventually led to the Elf deck I have right now.  I ended up slowing down around when the Kamigawa block when college came around.  Now I have my Bachelor's and I'm moving to Boise pretty soon.  I'm hoping the Magic community occasionally plays Legacy; I know there's FNM and Standard tournaments in the area.  Funds could still be an issue to keep up with the game, but I can still enjoy some Limited formats.

A friend of mine introduced me to this site, nice setup you guys have!

Hello folks. I hail from good ol' Blighty: yes I come from England. I happed upon this site completely by accident, so I thought I would join and upload details of what cards I have. I've got quite a few, and I've only added White, Blue and a few Artifacts to my list.

I came to Magic: The Gathering relatively recently. I've heard of it for a long time, and once even bought two second-hand books, but only read part of one. Once I ended up liking MTG I couldn't find the books I'd bought! They've gone into exile its seems sad. I started with the end of Worldwake. I'd read about MTG previously, though, and R/B Land Destruction/Lockdown types of decks appealed to me. However, I could find nothing in those colours in the Worldwake Intro Packs, so I bought the R/W Rapid Fire deck.

I then joined the Rise of the Eldrazi pre-release, bagging myself a foil Emrakul, the Aeons Torn in the process, lost every game (first time I'd actually played against a real opponent!) and fell in love with the game. I then went on to miss the advent of M11, and the various Scars of Mirrodin launches, but bought myself a fat pack (from which I pulled a Platinum Emperion), and a random booster (from which I pulled a Molten-Tail Masticore - nice!), and still need help creating viable decks.

What do people think of using U/B to Proliferate in order to level Eldrazi levellers up more quickly? Especially with Inexorable Tide and Contagion Engine, you could have fun with boosting characters like Lighthouse Chronologist or Zulaport Enforcer. Of course, throwing in some Venerated Teachers would cause you to add two level counters with each entry of them onto the battlefield, which you could enhance by proliferating.

Last edited by Kodanshi (2010-10-12 19:17:32)

Hey, mate! :)i like your idea. you could test it using proxies. I don't know how good contagion engine is. it is decent, to say the least, however i feel u need a really good mana ramping to pump up your levelers. Perhaps contagion clasp would be better?(this is just a theory). I always wanted a deck using lighthouse chronologist smile gl with it

Last edited by Silviu (2010-10-12 19:28:09)

NEEDS MOAR JACE...
http://pwp.wizards.com/3213663561/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Silviu wrote:

Hey, mate! :)i like your idea. you could test it using proxies. I don't know how good contagion engine is. it is decent, to say the least, however i feel u need a really good mana ramping to pump up your levelers. Perhaps contagion clasp would be better?(this is just a theory). I always wanted a deck using lighthouse chronologist smile gl with it

Thanks for your words of advice. I keep forgetting about proxies! I recall playing against someone proxying lots of allies. Mill city!

I picked Engine over Clasp because you pay 2 mana more but can proliferate twice. Or does that get too mana intensive?

Kodanshi wrote:
Silviu wrote:

Thanks for your words of advice. I keep forgetting about proxies! I recall playing against someone proxying lots of allies. Mill city!

I picked Engine over Clasp because you pay 2 mana more but can proliferate twice. Or does that get too mana intensive?

As I've said, that was only a theory. My advice would be to test them both and see how it turns out.

NEEDS MOAR JACE...
http://pwp.wizards.com/3213663561/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Hello everyone.  Found this site while looking for some kind of MTG inventory management system.

So far I really like the site.  Could use some additions as far as showing more information about the card in the inventory screen and being able to print more then just the name and quantity but outside of that, I really like the site.

Played MTG quite a bit in the past .... card and online.  Mostly casually, though.  Quit playing around the Mirrodin Block.  Just recently got restarted as I had the fortune to participate in a New Phyrexia Release Event and am hooked again.

Am a little overwhelmed by all the cards and what they do but I am sure I will get caught up soon enough but any help building some casual playable decks for Casual Mondays would be greatly appreciated!

Nice to meet you all.

Totally Jayyness

welcome.

hope you find this resource helpfull. we all use it and it's a great tool. props to devs.

Diverse thoughts. MTG and anything that crosses my mind. http://blog.scorpse.com
DCI MTG Level 2 Judge

What's up everyone... My name is Josh, but my friends call my bongkey... I used to play MTG back in the day... Beta and Unlimited, and just now got back into it. I've been on a card buying frenzy and I decided to look for some sort of inventory system. That's how I found this place... Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself

Hi everyone, my name is Jonas and I live in Belgium. Like probably most other users, I stumbled across this site while looking for an inventory program. Given the rapidly increasing size of my collection, it's much easier to build decks using this than to take out my cards everytime I want to build a deck. I really want to thank the dev(s) for making this site, and for doing this for free.

Hi my name is Yuw. I am from austria.

i was looking for easy-to-use inventory tool for my mtg collection. I tried other tools like excel, access or any other db. Always the problem to keep the lists up to date.

I was looking for an Online (Website) where i can track, update my collection. So that i can access it from any other Internetworking device and i dont need to install any sort of extra software. Updating is also very easy and very fast.

Also a big plus is the trading function. If you send the cards, there is an popup who is asking you to remove the cards from your tradelist. When you received the cards you get also an popup who is asking you to remove the cards from your wishlist. This function i have never seen on any other website or forum. Maybe nobody tryed to develop it on a forum yet.

Hey guys, magic newbie here in Atlanta, and I've already spent way too much on cards smile.
Found the site while looking for a good way to inventory the cards. I figured if I started before my collection got unwieldy then I would be able to keep track of it better. I really like the deck builder. I've been using it to piece together one of my first decks. All that's missing is an android app wink.

Hey all, my name is Jess and I've been playing magic since the zendikar block, though I've read up on earlier sets and bought a few things for them. As of recently, I've been spending so much on cards its a wonder that I'm not broke yet.

I'm happy I found this site. Found it while on a quest to look up information on Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur.  Absolutely love the praetors ~

During zendikar, I only played on and off. At about the mirrodan set is when I've started to get back into it hard core. Got my boyfriend hooked and now have over 2000 cards... Tried to inventory them on my mtg app on my phone, but its hard to keep up and keep things organized. Thats why I love this site and told my boyfriend about it (he's under the name WhiteKnight7).

Stated off as more of a collector than player, but now I'm both. First pre-release I went to was for the recent innistrad block and I'm planning on going to the dark ascension pre-release as well.

Favorite tactic by choice would be anything besides ticking life points down. Mainly milling some one, this my user name here.

Hopefully I'll come out of my shell and start hopping into these forum boards and chatting. smile

Yarp....

Played magic back in Middle/High School (4th edition/Ice Age -> Nemesis), then put all my cards into a box that went into storage for about 10 years...  came across the box while moving, and hopped back into MTG with Innistrad.

Did my first FNM last week, and my local game shop has casual magic mondays, and I've been enjoying playing my old decks. (I'm a good bit older than most of the people that come, so many are playing against cards that have been excluded from standard since before they started playing)  Having a lot of fun playing / tweaking my legacy WG lifegain deck (Spirit link + Serra Avatar = win)

Hey,

My name is Joe, and I've been only been playing since Scars of Mirrodin. One of my friends and I decided we needed a new hobby so we picked up MTG and got addicted. We usually only play each other with the occasional friend joining in from time to time. Neither of us have done any competitive play.

We mostly build decks that make for a fun game. Focusing more on crazy combos and huge comebacks rather than consistently winning quickly. I've found I have more fun playing single games that last a long time rather than a bunch of 5th-6th turn wins.

We have started to adapt some house rules and variations of a few different formats to make for some interesting match ups.

Hoping to get some new ideas for decks/gameplay.

Last edited by jlipscomb89 (2012-01-22 09:18:33)