Topic: Grade and language greyed out?

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I didn´t find the answer in the Help section or elsewhere on the forum.

Some cards I have added in the Inventory appear with "greyed out" grade and language. Why? (See attached image)

Re: Grade and language greyed out?

None can answer this? Please?

I dont see the attached picture but what i think is happening is that you are not selecting those options when you input the card into the system. I have (or had) a few like that in my wish list.

mattmcc wrote:

I dont see the attached picture but what i think is happening is that you are not selecting those options when you input the card into the system. I have (or had) a few like that in my wish list.

Aha, you mean that although i get a "default" when I add a card, its not enough to just click ok for it? I still need to note mark those?

Necross wrote:

Aha, you mean that although i get a "default" when I add a card, its not enough to just click ok for it? I still need to note mark those?

Correct, you need to specifically mark which defaults you want set, whether you add single cards or add a list of cards. Basically, if any of the default values (edition, condition, language, or special flags like foil) are "greyed out", then the card(s) you add will also have those values as blank.

For instance, I don't track condition, so I just always set the edition to whatever set I'm working on (because I sort my physical cards by set) and I set language to English (I handle all my foreign cards specially). But I leave condition as not set to any value.