Re: [Resource] Precon / Sealed "Quick Add"

Well holy crap, I guess I did get an error pack. That's wild! Wish it could have been one with an extra allosaurous shepard but I guess we can't have it all

No Kaldheim precons yet?

theshaner wrote:

No Kaldheim precons yet?

Oh my goodness! Thank you for reminding me. I got the CSVs created a couple nights ago, but it was super late so I decided to update the webpage later. Totally forgot to do so, as I'd sort of mentally checked off the Kaldheim decks. LoL

They have been added now.

Last edited by meldon44 (2021-06-03 22:11:17)

Thanks boss!!

Superb resource!
Could you add a condition:NM column to .csv files going forward?

This is awesome. Thank you.

Just used this for the umteenth time and wanted to say thank you for the great work again. Saves me lots of time, thanks!

Hello guys.

Firstly thanks a lot for doing this! I finally decided to track my collection somewhere and it is pain in the ass big_smile

Hopefully my question isn't entirely stupid. Is there any way to easily change condition of those .CSV made by you to Mint? I am adding this way only still sealed products and doing it card by card doesn't seem right.

Thanks!

Last edited by beliard (2021-04-08 11:38:05)

You can use some editor like Excel or Libre office Calc
Beware they sometimes corrupt CSV files with default settings
and might need checking some "advanced" options or manual fixes to work correctly in some cases.

CSV is a really simple format,
yet office software doesn't treat it seriously
there are often issues with:
- weird special character encodings
- random reinterpretations of data in cells (e.g. converting some numbers to dates, cutting digits from longer numbers)
- incorrect escaping of characters like comma or quote that have special meaning

Most of them based on the fact that CSV is simply text in row/column cells, and those programs try to do more...
If anyone knows good simpler CSV handling program I'd love to hear about it.
I tried looking for one online and what i found wasn't better than office software hmm
And I had a lot of CSV files in my old job.
But combination of office software + notepad + some simple scripts in C# or python worked best. hmm
Some file diff tool to check if office software changed something it shouldn't also helps sometimes.

Last edited by NamespaceV (2021-04-08 12:12:08)

@Zimm42 and @Hamish — You guys are very welcome! I'm glad it is helping so many people.

@cepragassen and @beliard — I'm thinking of doing a poll, though I'm not sure where it would get the most exposure, to see what the community would overall prefer for default condition. Already just between you two, there's already disagreement between Mint vs NM. That's the whole reason I didn't include a condition in the first place — some people will be using it to add still-sealed products (mint) while others will be adding precons they've played with with their kids a ton (LP-MP). However, since two people have expressed desire for a default condition, it's possible more people than just you guys would prefer some condition to none.

beliard wrote:

Hopefully my question isn't entirely stupid. Is there any way to easily change condition of those .CSV made by you to Mint? I am adding this way only still sealed products and doing it card by card doesn't seem right.

As NamespaceV has already said, most find it easiest to use a spreadsheet program like Excel. His warnings are valid, although I personally haven't had any issues with Excel-modified CSVs not working with Deckbox in a long time. My personal approach was to export a CSV from Deckbox, and then just copy/modify that CSV since I know it works. Haven't had an issue since! I wouldn't recommend using Excel to create a CSV from scratch, but opening and modifying the CSVs you've downloaded from this resource should be safe.

In case you need further clarification, in the spreadsheet, simply type the label "Condition" in row 1 of a new column (doesn't actually matter where; to the right of "Language" will work fine). And then fully type out the condition name, in this case simply "Mint". Note that if you ever need to add other conditions, you have to use Deckbox's specific syntax (notably "Good (Lightly Played)"; you can't just use "Lightly Played"). An incorrect condition label will throw an error.

FYI — CSVs for the 2021 Challenger Decks are incoming! With the sheer volume of products WotC has been throwing at us, I honestly forgot about those decks until my preordered set of them arrived in the mail today. LoL. Sorry for the delay! Always feel free to leave a comment to check in with me.

meldon44 wrote:

@cepragassen and @beliard — I'm thinking of doing a poll, though I'm not sure where it would get the most exposure, to see what the community would overall prefer for default condition. Already just between you two, there's already disagreement between Mint vs NM. That's the whole reason I didn't include a condition in the first place — some people will be using it to add still-sealed products (mint) while others will be adding precons they've played with with their kids a ton (LP-MP). However, since two people have expressed desire for a default condition, it's possible more people than just you guys would prefer some condition to none.

Thanks for swift response smile I knew that Excel works (as PC automatically recommends it for .CSV) but was mostly hoping it can be change all at once somehow big_smile Ofc still much more better copy-paste Mint to all rows then doing changes in inventory after. So appreciate detailed guide!

Regarding the condition. I know it would sound suspiciously convenient for me big_smile but Mint condition as default for sealed products sounds like right choice imo. Played precons are usually modified and would not match CSV anyway. Also older products may be open for speculation but from lets say now on with new products just after release, everyone will have them in Mint condition - and if not shame on them! big_smile

Other point of view would be at least NM as we should assume MTG players are not animals and they care about they cards, therefore majority of us would have cards in decent condition.

Last edited by beliard (2021-04-09 06:06:40)

Hello, meldon44!

Thank you for the CSV work, and quick question for you: are you able to fix things like names that don't show up properly in exports, like Dandan, Marton Stromgald, and others with special characters? Or like Surgeon General Commander where the tildes in the name cause search errors when looking up to a CSV export?

Not sure if this is your realm, but figured I'd check.

Thank you!

Last edited by Solseek (2021-06-04 19:48:37)

Solseek wrote:

are you able to fix things like names that don't show up properly in exports, like Dandan, Marton Stromgald, and others with special characters?

So I did some research, and this has to do with how specifically Excel on Windows interprets and displays UTF-8 encoded files. In short, it doesn't like them, and shows you weird character strings instead of the correct ones. However, if you were to view the CSV in another program, like Notepad++, the correct characters are visible in the file.

I found a way to fix this issue that doesn't seem to interfere with Deckbox import. Let me know if you encounter any issues, but now you should be able to download and view the files in Excel without issue, as well as import them into Deckbox.

(For those interested, I batch-converted all the CSVs to use UTF-8 with BOM. Excel apparently needs that Byte Order Mark to know it's actually UTF-8 and not Windows-1252. Dumb.)

Solseek wrote:

Or like Surgeon General Commander where the tildes in the name cause search errors when looking up to a CSV export?

This is a different issue than the above. The tildes are part of Deckbox's naming convention for that card, just as quotation marks are part of Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon" or the exclamation point is part of To Arms!. Deckbox won't let you import those cards without the tilde/quote/exclamation included. In other words, there's nothing to "fix" in this case. Instead, you'll just have to account for those characters when searching within your CSV export.

That said, I could see a valid argument for Deckbox accepting both To Arms! and To Arms as equivalent names. Going back to special characters, you're already able to import either Dandân or Dandan into Deckbox without error. The same could easily be true for card names that have punctuation in them. If you think that would help you, I'd suggest bringing it up to Sebi via a support ticket. It might not be that hard for him to implement since he already has some version of it in place for accented vowels and the like.

meldon44 wrote:

So I did some research, and this has to do with how specifically Excel on Windows interprets and displays UTF-8 encoded files. In short, it doesn't like them, and shows you weird character strings instead of the correct ones. However, if you were to view the CSV in another program, like Notepad++, the correct characters are visible in the file.

I found a way to fix this issue that doesn't seem to interfere with Deckbox import. Let me know if you encounter any issues, but now you should be able to download and view the files in Excel without issue, as well as import them into Deckbox.

Hello, meldon44, thank you for looking at this! I'm using Excel on a Mac, and I'm still getting "Márton Stromgald", "Lim-Dûl's Vault", "Ghazbán Ogre", and "Dandân", for example. This is from a CSV export from last night.

Also, none of my issues are with importing (it's all export-related).

I'll check with Sebi if we can change the name of "Surgeon ~General~ Commander" to "Surgeon -General- Commander". Specifically those tildes mess up searches.

Thank you!

Last edited by Solseek (2021-06-07 16:59:25)

Solseek wrote:

I'm using Excel on a Mac, and I'm still getting "Márton Stromgald", "Lim-Dûl's Vault", "Ghazbán Ogre", and "Dandân", for example. This is from a CSV export from last night.

That's frustrating. Thank you for letting me know. Interestingly, the names got garbled in a completely different way than on Windows. I'm sure it has to do with how Excel is (mis)interpreting the character encoding again. Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac to test on, but I'll see if I can find a solution.

As a temporary solution, you could consider trying to open them in Google Sheets or another non-Excel spreadsheet program. I read that Sheets doesn't have this issue. Other programs may not have all the features you need, though.

Solseek wrote:

I'll check with Sebi if we can change the name of "Surgeon ~General~ Commander" to "Surgeon -General- Commander". Specifically those tildes mess up searches.

Just out of personal curiosity, what type of searches are you performing that get messed up by tildes but wouldn't by hyphens? And how do they get messed up, as in, what's the messed-up result look like?

meldon44 wrote:

Just out of personal curiosity, what type of searches are you performing that get messed up by tildes but wouldn't by hyphens? And how do they get messed up, as in, what's the messed-up result look like?

Tilde in Excel is a wildcard, so it's impossible to look up Surgeon ~General~ Commander with anything requiring an exact match (vlookup, for instance). The minus sign is a character (not a wildcard), so that can be found exactly.

All this said, I put this in the "nice to have" bucket... I work around this issue when analyzing collection data, but it would be nice to change it (and never use a tilde again). ;-)

Any chance of the new Commander decks being posted any time soon?  Thanks for all you do!

theshaner wrote:

Any chance of the new Commander decks being posted any time soon?  Thanks for all you do!

You beat me to the punch!  smile  I started working on them earlier this week, till life got in the way. But I'm finishing them up tonight and will have them posted soon.

https://bit.ly/MTG-M12-Illusionary-Might
100% Accurate CSV
Contains invalid rows

Reported by Deckbox [incomplete!]
4     Island         237     Magic 2015     English
5     Island         236     Magic 2014     English

invalid rows [complete]
5    Island        235    Magic 2013    English
5    Island        236    Magic 2014    English
4    Island        237    Magic 2015    English

Corrected rows
5    Island        235    Magic 2012    English
5    Island        236    Magic 2012    English
4    Island        237    Magic 2012    English

I noticed you didn't have the following pre-con available, so I made one for you.

Intro Pack - Battle For Zendikar - Rallying Cry (Hero of Goma Fada)

Last edited by bragaul (2021-11-28 12:44:41)

bragaul wrote:

M12-Illusionary-Might ... Contains invalid rows

Dang Excel auto-incrementing cell values! I thought I had caught all those — thanks for pointing this out! It's corrected now.

bragaul wrote:

I noticed you didn't have the following pre-con available, so I made one for you.
Event Deck - Battle For Zendikar - Rallying Cry (Hero of Goma Fada)

You had me worried for a second that I had somehow missed the existence of a whole other event deck! LoL. That's actually an intro pack, not an event deck. So I feel better now.  smile

And yes, most of the intro packs are missing, nor do I plan on creating CSVs for them (there's just such a huge quantity of intro and theme decks). So thank you for taking the time to create a CSV for it — that's how they'll get added.

Unfortunately, Deckbox's forum attachments are still broken. It gives me a SQL error when I try to download it. If you're able to provide it via a cloud storage share link (Dropbox, Google Drive, whatever is fine), I'll get it added.

meldon44 wrote:

That's actually an intro pack, not an event deck.
Unfortunately, Deckbox's forum attachments are still broken. It gives me a SQL error when I try to download it. If you're able to provide it via a cloud storage share link (Dropbox, Google Drive, whatever is fine), I'll get it added.

Good catch on the distinction! Here's the link to the intro pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14ZkF7T … sp=sharing

NEW CONTENT

Neon Dynasty Commander

VERIFIED CONTENT

Verified the following decks via unboxing videos:

• Gleeful Flames (DKA event deck)

• Deathfed + Hold the Line (ISD event decks)

• Into the Breach (MBS event deck)

• Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra

• Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel

• Rakdos Raid (RTR intro pack)

Still can't find anything for the original duel deck, Elves vs Goblins, or a couple of the oldest event decks. Would love if someone who has those could verify their contents!

meldon44 wrote:

Still can't find anything for the original duel deck, Elves vs Goblins, or a couple of the oldest event decks. Would love if someone who has those could verify their contents!

I have the Anthology version of Elves vs. Goblins. Would reviewing that help in any way?

meldon44 wrote:

NEW CONTENT

Neon Dynasty Commander

VERIFIED CONTENT

Verified the following decks via unboxing videos:

• Gleeful Flames (DKA event deck)

• Deathfed + Hold the Line (ISD event decks)

• Into the Breach (MBS event deck)

• Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra

• Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel

• Rakdos Raid (RTR intro pack)

I still can't believe they managed to screw up Upgrades Unleashed so badly. That kind of screwup should be completely unthinkable.