Topic: Best way to go about....

Got a couple of questions I hope someone can help with.

First, what would be the easiest way to add 4 of every common from a specific set without adding them one at a time?

Second, I am using Delver to scan in my rares and uncommon cards.  Basically, every time I scan in new cards there I just delete my entire inventory from deckbox and import the full list again from Delver.  Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks in advance

Re: Best way to go about....

Jankomatic wrote:

First, what would be the easiest way to add 4 of every common from a specific set without adding them one at a time?

Assuming you haven't added any cards to your inventory from that set yet...... Go to that set's edition page, and in the top right corner click Mass Input. Choose 4 of each. Then go to your inventory and add filters for that edition and all rarities except commons. Delete all the filtered results. If it's a recent set that has lots of commons outside of the base set that you also need to remove, then sort by E/# and delete all rows after the correct collector #.

If you've already added cards from that set, then the easiest method would probably involve Excel or similar. I can go into more detail if you'd like.

Jankomatic wrote:

Second, I am using Delver to scan in my rares and uncommon cards.  Basically, every time I scan in new cards there I just delete my entire inventory from deckbox and import the full list again from Delver.  Is there a better way to go about this?

If you can live without maintaining your full inventory on Delver, then it would be a lot easier for your Delver list just to include newly scanned cards. Then you could just import that into Deckbox without messing with the inventory that's already there.

If you do want your full inventory to be maintained in both places, then there's really no other better way to do it. Unless Delver includes a "date added / scanned" field that you can include in the export and sort by. Then you would export the full inventory, but edit the exported file prior to importing in order to remove all entries prior to the latest scan.