Re: [Resource] Precon / Sealed "Quick Add"

Solseek wrote:

I have the Anthology version of Elves vs. Goblins. Would reviewing that help in any way?

Maybe. I just can't remember whether or not the Anthology versions are exact 1-to-1 duplicates of the originals in the basic land distribution. If they are, then yes, I think we could state with very high confidence that the OG deck is verified if it matches the Anthology deck.

I'm at work and can't check till later. If you're able, compare the other three decks and let me know if they're identical in the basic lands.

RDPARTY wrote:

I still can't believe they managed to screw up Upgrades Unleashed so badly. That kind of screwup should be completely unthinkable.

100% agree that it's an absolutely egregious error. Sadly, though, considering their recent track record of quality control, I can totally believe it and these screwups no longer surprise me.

That does remind me, though, that I should probably add a little note to that CSV on the page. Thanks for pointing it out!

meldon44 wrote:

If you're able, compare the other three decks and let me know if they're identical in the basic lands.

The Bitly links are blocked for me, so I can't compare these to anything, but here's the land distribution for the four Duel Decks Anthology pairings (not sure how to make this pretty):

Expansion                                                 #      Name    Qty
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    28    Forest    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    29    Forest    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    30    Forest    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    31    Forest    4
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    59    Mountain    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    60    Mountain    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    61    Mountain    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Elves vs. Goblins    62    Mountain    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    30    Island    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    31    Island    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    32    Island    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    33    Island    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    59    Mountain    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    60    Mountain    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    61    Mountain    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Jace vs. Chandra    62    Mountain    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    26    Plains    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    27    Plains    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    28    Plains    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    29    Plains    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    59    Swamp    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    60    Swamp    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    61    Swamp    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Divine vs. Demonic    62    Swamp    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    28    Forest    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    29    Forest    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    30    Forest    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    31    Forest    5
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    60    Swamp    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    61    Swamp    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    62    Swamp    6
Duel Decks Anthology, Garruk vs. Liliana    63    Swamp    5

Last edited by Solseek (2022-02-21 18:04:15)

Alright, got a chance to check everything. First, I went through and compared the basic land artwork in the Deckbox editions for anthology vs OG. All artworks / collector numbers line up and go in the same order. Second, I compared the CSVs for Garruk v Liliana and Jace (unfortunately, Divine Demonic and Chandra all have equal 6/6/6/6 distributions, so they aren't helpful). The quantities matched between anthology and OG.

Based on this consistency, I'm going to go ahead and consider the Elves v Goblins CSV verified.... unless someone ever opens up this $200+ sealed product and can tell me otherwise!

Hi @meldon44. Will you be adding 2022 standard challenger decks soon?

cepragassen wrote:

Oh dang! I didn't even know these released! Totally slipped past my radar -- I apologize. Thank you for pointing them out.

I can try to get them up tomorrow night.

meldon44 wrote:
cepragassen wrote:

Oh dang! I didn't even know these released! Totally slipped past my radar -- I apologize. Thank you for pointing them out.

I can try to get them up tomorrow night.

Thanks!

Would it be possible to repost the link in the main message? The current one is being blocked by bitly for some reason.

cheesestring wrote:

Would it be possible to repost the link in the main message? The current one is being blocked by bitly for some reason.

Uuuugh. I opened a dispute with Bitly a while ago and apparently nothing ever came of it.

Alright, I just went ahead and edited the link to go directly to the page. I was only using Bitly to track page visits anyways, in order to measure interest and utilization. But that's not helpful if people can't even visit the page!!

NEW CONTENT

Challenger Decks 2022

EDIT: Apologies for the broken links. See my comment below. But they are fixed now.  smile  Please report any others that crop up and I'll fix them as well.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Many of the tokens will not import until Sebi adds them to the database. UNFORTUNATELY, this will stop the entire CSV from importing. I used to be able to add the tokens as "information only" without putting a number in the Count column, and Deckbox would ignore those rows during import. However, now any missing Count value will throw an error.

So I had a choice between leaving the tokens out of the CSV until they're in the database, or creating a CSV that doesn't fully import yet. I went with the latter "more info is always better" approach and kept the token info intact, trusting that most MTG players will be able to figure out how to get the rest of the CSV to import. However, if this is a major problem for multiple people, I may change my mind.

(And I've brought this issue up with Sebi; waiting on a response.)

Last edited by meldon44 (2022-04-21 05:41:37)

meldon44 wrote:

NEW CONTENT

Challenger Decks 2022

Thanks! sadly the links are still blocked by bitly

Reap the Tides also being blocked by bitly currently.  I did open a ticket with them saying it should be fine yesterday though.

meldon44 wrote:

NEW CONTENT

Challenger Decks 2022

Been blocked by Bitly for a while. I even filled out the form a few days ago, but no luck so far.

I'm sorry guys for all the issues. I saw all the broken link reports right before I went out of town, so I couldn't do much over the weekend. I've temporarily fixed the issue for the ones reported so far (Challenger 2022, Reap the Tides, C19), but it's not a permanent solution, so please continue to report any broken links and I'll fix them as they come up.

I've been working on a huge new release for a while now, with new features and a move away from Bitly / Dropbox. It's not as polished as I want it to be, but apparently it'll be necessary to release it ASAP as a permanent fix to the Bitly shutdowns.

Came across issues with:

KHC Elven Empire
CMR Armed for Battle
C21 Silverquill Statement
ZNC Sneak Attack

I reported them as "Falsely marked as abuse" but since you've had no luck contacting them I doubt it will make a difference.

I also don't see those CSVs on your github repository, you may be able to upload a mirror on mega or zippyshare if you're having issues with bitly.

Last edited by IC300JB (2022-05-01 06:12:10)

Any luck getting the lists for the most recent 5 commander decks?

Any ETA on the 5 commander precons for New Capenna?

Hello! For the 80 Basic Lands in the New Capenna Commander decks, I found the distribution below.
Not sure if this is the same in all printings, since it's odd to leave Mountain 279 out of the mix.

5    Plains        262    Streets of New Capenna
6    Plains        263    Streets of New Capenna
7    Island        264    Streets of New Capenna
7    Island        265    Streets of New Capenna
6    Swamp        266    Streets of New Capenna
7    Swamp        267    Streets of New Capenna
5    Mountain        268    Streets of New Capenna
6    Mountain        269    Streets of New Capenna
7    Forest        270    Streets of New Capenna
9    Forest        271    Streets of New Capenna
2    Plains        272    Streets of New Capenna
1    Plains        273    Streets of New Capenna
1    Island        274    Streets of New Capenna
2    Island        275    Streets of New Capenna
2    Swamp        276    Streets of New Capenna
1    Swamp        277    Streets of New Capenna
3    Mountain        278    Streets of New Capenna
    Mountain        279    Streets of New Capenna
2    Forest        280    Streets of New Capenna
1    Forest        281    Streets of New Capenna

meldon44 wrote:

I'm sorry guys for all the issues. I saw all the broken link reports right before I went out of town, so I couldn't do much over the weekend. I've temporarily fixed the issue for the ones reported so far (Challenger 2022, Reap the Tides, C19), but it's not a permanent solution, so please continue to report any broken links and I'll fix them as they come up.

I've been working on a huge new release for a while now, with new features and a move away from Bitly / Dropbox. It's not as polished as I want it to be, but apparently it'll be necessary to release it ASAP as a permanent fix to the Bitly shutdowns.

Any update?  None of the dropbox links appear to be working for the commander precons?

Hi,

I tried newer links and got 404s on Dropbox
- Kamigawa both commander decks
- challenger 2022

Random check
Commander 2015: Spirits
shows
(Warning: This URL has been blocked by Bitly's systems as potentially harmful.)

Are there CSV's on the repo or something for the newer precon decks (released in 2022)?

I remember there was some reason for not hosting and linking directly... I don't remember why.

Any updates on the shutdown situation?
Seems quite bizzare to me, what's bitlys and dropbox problem here...
SCVs are not heavy, not malicious (its a text file...)
and those files are really useful, but I highly doubt they get enough traffic for services like bitly or dropbox to really care...

Hello everyone!

I apologize for my complete silence for the past several weeks. A colleague at work screwed up big time and had to be emergency pulled from the position, so within a couple business days, I was suddenly on a new schedule, with much longer days and late evenings. I haven't had the time or energy to complete the project, only working on it a few times in the cracks.

That said, my crazy schedule ends this Friday, back to normal on Monday. Yay! Also, the huge revamp I have had in the works is about 95% in a workable state now. So I'm going to be doing some testing and bug fixing on other browsers over the weekend and next week (because I hate the idea of launching something that's broken out-of-the-box for a bunch of people, so... sorry... but I won't launch prematurely). I don't want to guarantee an exact ETA, but I feel confident that I can have it up sometime next week.

Everything will look and work mostly the same on the surface, so it's hard to understand the immense overhaul I did. But the changes will allow some cool features in the future. Initially, it'll launch with the ability for you to set your own language and condition, as well as the ability to accommodate batch downloads (multiple precons concatenated in a single file). In the future, it will be searchable and filterable, including by deck colors. I also want to provide the ability for you to set your own grouping and sorting preferences, since no one is going to agree 100% on anyone else's categorizations.

To those inquiring re: the five STX decks, I'm prioritizing the launch of the resource itself right now, and don't want to divide my limited time. I'll get those created and made available within a day or two of launching.

Sorry again for the radio silence. I appreciate your patience! Talk soon!

VERSION 2.0 RELEASE

Great news -- the new site is now live at MTG.PreconDB.com! Sorry for the long wait everybody!

I hope you enjoy the new features, as well as the fresh theme and updated organization. There's definitely more tweaks to come, but most importantly, you'll no longer be blocked by Bitly.  smile

As noted previously, I'm rushing deployment on this. So if you notice any bugs or issues, please comment here or use the "Report a problem" link on that page. I will address bugs as quickly as I can, but please be patient. Always include as much details as possible -- device, OS, browser and version, and clear description of the problem.

• Tested browsers: [Windows] Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera -- [Android] Chrome, Firefox, Samsung, Opera, Edge

• Untested: Anything Apple / iPhone, I do not have these devices available for testing

• Unsupported: Internet Explorer -- If you still use IE, sorry, join the modern world!  ;-)

Next steps: I will get the backlog of recent precons added over the course of this weekend. I already have one submission (Obscura Operation) from a generous soul -- thank you!

Last edited by meldon44 (2022-06-24 12:16:39)

NEW CONTENT

DMU commander decks have been added! I've also got a head start on upcoming products and have some of the data entered. Hoping it'll help me get the decks up prior to release next time.  smile

I haven't yet added DMU Jumpstart, as I'm still deciding on how I want to reorganize Jumpstart, now that it's going to be a continuing product line with every set.  :\

I don't see the option of liking a post here, could be useful smile

DMU Jumpstart seems like a failed execution, hopefully they will come up with some improvements as the idea is nice, but execution seems pretty weak with this particular product (not enough variety, no Dominaria related themes).

Generally Wizards don't make it easy to organize products lists... there is a ton of them currently and they are often confusing, series often get closed after a few products, some get renamed or reshaped randomly. Secret Lair and Universes Beyond are confusing. Maybe some broad categories and lists by year, or some tags to filter by different dimensions.

I remember I suggested a unified table form with filtering for presentation. But current organization is quite nice once you get used to it. So keep up the good work.

NamespaceV wrote:

DMU Jumpstart seems like a failed execution, hopefully they will come up with some improvements as the idea is nice, but execution seems pretty weak with this particular product (not enough variety, no Dominaria related themes).

I wholeheartedly agree. Just as they did was the Commander Legends name, they have watered down and sullied the Jumpstart name with this new one. I assume BRO Jumpstart won't be any better. Hopefully the "main" Jumpstart release this year, at least, will be as good as the original.

NamespaceV wrote:

I remember I suggested a unified table form with filtering for presentation. But current organization is quite nice once you get used to it. So keep up the good work.

Your suggestions definitely haven't been forgotten or ignored!  smile  Time is not my friend, unfortunately. But as stated in an above post, the complete revamp I did in the underlying code allows for a lot of cool things to come, not least of which is searching / filtering. Definitely in the works!

Thank you for the encouragement and feedback!