Topic: Site API

Hello,

A friend and I love using deck box and are looking to build an android app to catalog cards automatically and we are wondering what sort of api is available to us. Are card images/names/sets readily available? We are mainly interested in MTG for right now but I would assume it would be possible to expand to other cards after we get a base app created

We have ambitions to catalog cards and spit the output into various formats, one most likely being a csv file. If the app is easily able to apply the cataloged cards to deck box with out having to navigate through the website that would be amazing. If not, we will get over it, adapt and overcome.

Thank you,
Lordmcfuzz

Re: Site API

http://mtgjson.com/ is a Json database you can use to do MTG stuff, it's a cool resource for developers

API still not ready, but still high priority. Just need to finish some stuff before (tags, some marketplace things, csv rewrite, card scans & notes).

Thank you Shoe for that link. I am actually surprised that each card does not hold its own set data.

Awesome sebi, I look forward to seeing it.

Hey Sebi,

any ETA for this?

I got 3. Quarter of this Year in my mind wink

Any update on this?

High Priority???

Locutus wrote:

High Priority???

Plans changed a bit since then, and other features were requested / needed / released first smile

sebi wrote:
Locutus wrote:

High Priority???

Plans changed a bit since then, and other features were requested / needed / released first smile

Is there actually a compatible android APP I could use?
It's more to search which cards I own. I don't mind using the import/export CSV option. Just wondering if any app out there does this.
I don't need that much options!

I'm thinking deckedbuilder does this but i'm not sure.

Bump! I'd still love to have API access. Besides deck data, it would be great to get card prices from here. I'm curious where the values are originating from though.

Is this still a thing that is likely to be added in the near future?

hello, any updates on this?

+1 for public api. Basicly for user card list

did this ever happen?

+1 on this to support adding cards to inventory after scanning with camera

+1 API needed to manage collection and create/modify decks

+1. I am building a cube, and it would be really helpful to be able to extract my collection data via an http request to be able to figure out what I still need to buy

Just checking in to see if there's been any progress here. I'm a developer and would love the ability to script updates to my collection like adjusting trade list counts and things like that. Love the site, by the way. Very useful!

+1, now that cardsphere is dead, this is the only real place to trade safely online, would love to make some tools to support

+1 to keep this request alive. I've got some ideas for some tools but I've got no way to access my collection programmatically.