Topic: Deckbox can't even import Deckbox export file

I'm trying a very basic thing:
- Export from Deckbox
- Import the export file

And I can't get the same result. Pretty basic file (see below).

It seems that there is no way in the Import phase to make Deckbox understand the I have the Full Art version of those land cards.
The Printing Id and Printing Note, provided by DeckBox while exporting, is ignored while importing.

Any idea how to fix/work around this?
Note: This is already complex to import/export for one tool to another, this is the first time I see a single tool not even able to import is own file!

Count,Name,Edition,Edition Code,Card Number,Condition,Language,Foil,Signed,Artist Proof,Altered Art,Misprint,Promo,Textless,Printing Id,Printing Note
1,Island,Battle for Zendikar,BFZ,255,,,,,,,,,,30012,Full Art
1,Island,Battle for Zendikar,BFZ,256,,,,,,,,,,29784,Full Art
1,Island,Battle for Zendikar,BFZ,257,,,,,,,,,,29924,Full Art
1,Island,Battle for Zendikar,BFZ,258,,,,,,,,,,29871,Full Art

Re: Deckbox can't even import Deckbox export file

Yep, it's on my todo list to fix after current release. Thanks for the repro example.

BlueCurler wrote:

this is the first time I see a single tool not even able to import is own file!

If this bug is causing you so much outrage I envy you, you must be using exquisite bug-free software day to day. No such luck for me.

Hello,

I'm a softawre engineer, so I'm not surprised about bug. Here, what "bugs" me, is that I don't understand how this could be fixed.

Are you planning to use the "Printing Note" field while importing ? Or maybe to use different Card Number, like 255a versus 255? Can you let me know?

I'm trying to create a converter to import my cards "correctly" in Deckbox, and for now, those Full Art BFZ cards are the first that are impossible to import.

Regards,

The importer will look at printingId, if present will ignore the others. If absent, the note field will be considered as you mentioned.

This was the plan all along but I did the first parts (exporting the data so people can use it if they have scripts / spreadsheets), but did not do the import part, and I kept postponing because of very large feature release. So it's been dragging on for months now smile

This make sense.
In my case, because I'm trying to do an "exporter" to Deckbox, I will use the Printing Note, I don't have the Printing Id info.

Thanks for the info.