Topic: Sorting and Fishing

Probably already addressed, but there was nothing on the front page.

What would be really nice is having up to 3 sorting categories that you can plug in per column you want. For instance, my first category could be color white, then the second could be price. Then it would sort your highest priced whites first before everything else. Or first could be recently added and then price to see the price what your last haul got you.

My second requested feature is about looking for cards with a home. So far, when I look at a card, it tells me how many users HAVE it, not WANT it. For instance, I've got a Sorin and Huntmaster but I have no clue how to find people in need of that card.

Re: Sorting and Fishing

Okay, scratch the last one. I swear that  "Users having in" never had a "wishlist" option.

I still like the first request though. tongue

Hellnikko wrote:

What would be really nice is having up to 3 sorting categories that you can plug in per column you want. For instance, my first category could be color white, then the second could be price. Then it would sort your highest priced whites first before everything else. Or first could be recently added and then price to see the price what your last haul got you.

In your first example, if you would like to see your white cards in your inventory sorted by price, you would add a color filter, select white, then sort the output by price. You would then get this listing: http://deckbox.org/sets/109185?f=791&s=i&o=d

The second example also does not really work, because all cards have different last_added dates. So if they are sorted by last added, a secondary sort column would change nothing, cards will be in the same order (ordered by last_added).

It is true that right now there is no way to specify a double column sort, and that there are scenarios where this would be useful. But they are pretty rare. We want to do this, but it has a rather low priority. smile

That being said, it is of course always useful to hear about what users would like to do, so all feedback is welcome.

So do not hesitate to post when you encounter scenarios in which a double-column sort would be necessary.

I can see the first scenario and forgot about the advanced search, but here's my ideal situation for the second: I unload a full box today and I want to see what the highest priced cards are for that day, not total. Otherwise I have to go through a few pages and pick out prices that stick out.

So what if we have an option to take out time and just keep the date for this?

Yep, I see your point in this example. We'll think about it!