Topic: Do you guys use the TcgPlayer average price?

EDIT: The poll got messed up somehow and I can't figure out how to delete this... so just ignore the poll.

I'm fairly new to this site, and so far I've done all my trades based on the default shown price (TcgPlayer average). But I just kind of realized that if I wasn't trading cards through here, I'd be buying them at the TcgPlayer minimum. So I was wondering - what do you guys have the displayed price set to? And do you usually just go by that when making trades?

Last edited by widdly_scuds (2012-03-05 01:08:14)

Re: Do you guys use the TcgPlayer average price?

Trading Online I go by the TCGPlayer average, as that's a fairly good representation of the state of a card. Of course, there are some exceptions for higher value cards - and anything where condition is really a factor.

In personal I like to use StarCityGames as it allows even the lower-end rares to add up quickly when I'm trading them away.

And when I'm buying I try and go by ebay - whatever the average finish prices over the last few weeks are are probably what I could get it for anyways. From there I try and undercut because selling/buying direct cuts out the middleman fees of ebay - which is great.

EDIT: Whoops, just read the last line - yeah I have it under average price on here for most things.

Last edited by haganbmj (2012-03-05 01:37:07)