Topic: Pending Trade Wishlist Changes

First off, I love the site.  The fact that we even have half the tools available is amazing and I think it really helps the community by fostering trades and the like.

BUT, I was curious if, as an added feature there was a way to mark items on your wishlist as being part of a pending trade or otherwise as part of a trade that's being worked out.  The reason I say this is because you end up receiving 100 trade offers that are redundant or contain mostly cards you're getting in another trade.

I see that it changes the wishlist and your inventory when the trade is completed, but, as I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, you end up working out 95% of a trade with someone and are just waiting for one or two cards to arrive to be able to pull the trigger, only to find your ability to make additional trades impaired by the fact that your wishlist is out of date.

I've tackled this by making a wishlist deck for items that are not already in the mail or spoken for in a trade, but then I end up having to redirect everyone to the deck, the trading opportunities option doesn't work, and it just makes for everything to be confusing.

I know I can manually remove those items from my wishlist, but it would rock if you could click a box at the bottom of a trade and have it take things out of the wishlist immediately.

Re: Pending Trade Wishlist Changes

Sounds like a legitimate request, I can totally see how this might be difficult for someone who has many ongoing open trades.

We will think of an indicator of some sort at least, that would be displayed in your wishlist and your tradelist (maybe even inventory would be interesting). That way you as well as others can see that they are now in a trade that is ongoing. Sound good?

That would be awesome.  Thanks!

Could this be as simple as comparing the card to the profile's pending-trades and italicizing it in the list?  If I'm looking at my inventory and I see something in italics, I know it's pending action, and if someone sees it in my tradelist or wishlist, they know that any trade involving that card is provisional.

Just a thought ... smile

However it gets marked is fine.  I just know that it would be easier if you don't end up getting 30 offers with the same card(s).  Or even if it changes the wishlist once both parties have clicked "Accept this proposal."  But the ability to mark something like that would be nice if you're trying to work multiple trades.

I've found this annoying as well, I try to just tell people that I'm already trading for or have traded cards and they understand. The add/remove cards from your wishlist/inventory feature is nice, but I find it to be inaccurate so I end up doing that part manually myself.

-ZATZAi