Topic: Shipping time from Canada?

Hey guys,

I've been waiting for a bunch of commons that I ordered off another member that lives in Toronto for almost 3 weeks now. I  wanted to try and get a sense from the many of you out there who I'm sure have traded with our neighbors to the north: how long should the shipping really take?  He sent them "standard shipping" and didn't put delivery confirmation on it (claiming it would cost way too much).  At what point should I chalk this up to postal mishaps and try to locate the cards elsewhere?

Re: Shipping time from Canada?

I received cards from Canada sent to Texas and got them in less than a week. I think it really depends though. I've seem times vary greatly. There's always the possibility that customs holds it up for some reason.

I'd wait until the 3 week mark. Especially if it's a largish package. Just something small for me took under 2 weeks.

I have shipped a couple packages to CA from US. Most of the time when the USPS said it would take 3-5 days it took over a week to get there. My last package was lost in Mail limbo for about 12-14 days. I accidentally put a delivery conformation sticker on the package (wasn't thinking >.< ). The longest a trade has ever taken for me is over a month, from USA to USA, because of a mistake in my address on the package. So the package almost got to me then was sent back to sender and then back to me. I would look in your mail and see if the package was returned to you.

I live in Toronto as well, so from the other side, 3 weeks seems like a long time. I'll leave it to someone else who's received from Canada to confirm. It could get delayed at the border for any reason, really.

I can confirm that shipping confirmation from Canada to the US is way more expensive than the other way around. A bubble mailer with 1 top loader and 2 cards in it is like $18.

Yaksman wrote:

I live in Toronto as well, so from the other side, 3 weeks seems like a long time. I'll leave it to someone else who's received from Canada to confirm. It could get delayed at the border for any reason, really.

I can confirm that shipping confirmation from Canada to the US is way more expensive than the other way around. A bubble mailer with 1 top loader and 2 cards in it is like $18.

$18!? Really? I sent a bubble mailer with just a handful of cards for around $1. It was about 2oz according to the post office scale.

Bertongod wrote:

I have shipped a couple packages to CA from US. Most of the time when the USPS said it would take 3-5 days it took over a week to get there. My last package was lost in Mail limbo for about 12-14 days. I accidentally put a delivery conformation sticker on the package (wasn't thinking >.< ). The longest a trade has ever taken for me is over a month, from USA to USA, because of a mistake in my address on the package. So the package almost got to me then was sent back to sender and then back to me. I would look in your mail and see if the package was returned to you.

A Delivery confirmation sticker was a problem? You mean standard delivery confirmation where no one has to sign for it? I don't send internationally myself, but would be surprised to learn this is problematic. If that's the case how do you track international shipments?

-ZATZAi

A Delivery confirmation sticker was a problem? You mean standard delivery confirmation where no one has to sign for it? I don't send internationally myself, but would be surprised to learn this is problematic. If that's the case how do you track international shipments?

The delivery conformation sticker only works within the USA. So they tried to sell me international delivery conformation. The price for delivery conformation for international delivery is terrible; it is about 28 dollars which I refuse to pay. Instead I insure the package for its worth around 2-3 dollars. If anything gets lost I can just get the money back and have those cards purchased and shipped with the insurance money.

Bertongod wrote:

The delivery conformation sticker only works within the USA. So they tried to sell me international delivery conformation. The price for delivery conformation for international delivery is terrible; it is about 28 dollars which I refuse to pay. Instead I insure the package for its worth around 2-3 dollars. If anything gets lost I can just get the money back and have those cards purchased and shipped with the insurance money.

Interesting, do you know if UPS/Fedex is any better in that regard?

-ZATZAi

Not sure, but I would like to know the answer also.

Seems random to me. It really depends on customs. I've done at least three recently. Including one for Australia and Ontario shipped on the same day. Ontario took longer to get here than Australia did, but the next one to Toronto got here (TX) in 5 days. Definitely give the benefit of the doubt.

I am currently waiting for a trade from canada. It has been over a week.

I can confirm that delivery confirmation for a bubble mailer from usa to canada starts at around $18. Shipping the same  bubble mailer from usa to canada without the delivery confirmation was around $3. ಠ_ಠ