Topic: [Feature Request] "Add cards to tradelist"

When I'm looking at my inventory, I see that I can check a "check all" box, but then all I can do with that is either remove everything or put it in a deck. Why not add the ability to add all the cards to your tradelist right from the main inventory page? With a collection the size of mine, manually clicking each individual card to add to my tradelist is very, very time consuming.

I see there is a "workaround" involving copying and pasting (now that I take the time to doublecheck if this has already been brought up), but this is nonintuitive and messy- I have to delete my whole tradelist first. Ouch.

[edit]
Just looked into the copy/paste solution, and it's terrible. First off, I have multiple copies of lots of cards, from multiple sets, some foils, some promos, etc. For example, I have 7 Progenitus but 3 are from the FTV: Legends set. The print view of my inventory gives no indication of this, so I'm assuming that if I DO copy and past this back into my tradelist, I will have to again manually redo every detail of every copy of every card. This is actually more work than putting my cards into my inventory in the first place! I'm upset because I was really looking forward to using deckbox to set up trades and build decks, but if managing my inventory is this big of a headache, I don't think I can put up with it for very long.

You might say "but once you get everything set up, you don't have to worry about it!", but this doesn't really work for me. I do a huge volume of trading, and cards are in and out of my possession in triple digits each week. This means that either I just have to place everything in my tradelist (which I'd normally be okay with, but there are times I don't want to trade cards I get, surprise surprise), or do all of this manual work just to get things organized.

Please! Help!

[double edit]
Okay, I am now discovering there is a slightly more intuitive way of adding cards to your tradelist than the "copy/paste" unholy mess, but it still doesn't carry over condition/set/language/other details (apparently on the "inventory" page, you can simply change the # tradeable)! I just spent like 3 hours getting my inventory all ship-shape...

Last edited by Borgin (2012-03-26 06:53:51)

Re: [Feature Request] "Add cards to tradelist"

Hey. We're currently working on changing part of the weird inventory-tradelist interaction. It's coming very soon! (And there will be a button to mark all your inventory cards as tradeable) smile

Re: [Feature Request] "Add cards to tradelist"

Fantastic! I didn't even realize that stuff from your inventory wasn't automatically added to my tradelist until I went and did nearly 700 cards.

As long as I'll be able to port over all the "details" I filled in manually, I'll be more than happy!