Topic: Selling a collection

http://deckbox.org/sets/133572?o=d&p=1&s=i

Looking to get rid of this collection for about $350 + shipping.  The mid value for the cards reads at over $500.

Also open to offers ... let me know.

Last edited by phol (2012-04-03 17:07:40)

Re: Selling a collection

phol wrote:

http://deckbox.org/sets/133572?o=d&p=1&s=i

Looking to get rid of this collection for about $350 + shipping.  The mid value for the cards reads at over $500.

Also open to offers ... let me know.

As somebody who just tried something similar, I have a feeling you won't have a chance getting $350+ for the cards. I bought a collection off of somebody where just the rares plus full art lands were worth around $1,000 mid value - and that was with $600+ coming from cards worth over $5... best offer I got was $400.

Your best bet is probably to try and trade up your lower value cards in bunches for higher value ones, and then selling those off individually. A lot of work, but it seems to be the only way to do it successfully (somebody was very helpful with outlining to me how he goes about doing it, for example).

As a buyer of collections, I'll usually only bid up to 70% of the value of the ~$2+ cards, with everything less than $2 as part of the throw-in. And I use the low value, not the mid value. Sometimes slightly more if there are some high-value cards, and/or cards that I'm actively looking for to own personally

So, for example, I would probably pay about $100 for that collection. I doubt most collection-buyers would pay more than $150.

Last edited by rfioren (2012-04-03 19:07:01)

Ah.  Thanks for the information.

Yeah, for the most part those are utility and jank rares after garruk, sorry man. I'd be interested in your damnation though. I've got 2 and I'm going for 4.

I have no delusions about the quality of these rares, haha.  These are what I have accumulated over about 4 months that are not in any decks, and right now I am trying to liquidate in order to build a modern deck.  I might have found a local buyer for $200, and I'd be happy to get that really, as that would basically get me the three vendilions and four mutavaults I need.  Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Awesome, best of luck! This is what I love about Magic - I had no idea what a vendelion was until you mentioned it as I've never seen someone play it.