Topic: Understend rules

Hello... Sorry maybe this question is too easy but im novice sad and wish understend rules...

My oponent play Toxic Hydra and trigger action:

Action: When this unit enters play, each unit in any corresponding zone gets -2 hit points until the end of the turn.

I play tactic: Seduced by Darkness to corrupt Hydra and next trigger action from The Bleeding Wall (i have 2 res on it):

Action: Remove 2 resource tokens from this card to destroy a corrupted unit.

Toxic Hydra > Seduced > Bleeding Wall...

When Toxic Hydra is destroy, action from this card is lost or resoult even Toxic Hydra is not in game... ?
(sorry for my not fluently english tongue)

Re: Understend rules

In Invasion, once an effect has been triggered, it exists independently of its source. So removing the Hydra from play after its effect has been triggered won't stop it.

Also, when you respond to an action with another action (and your opponent responds to yours, and so on) you create a chain of actions. When neither of you wants to add to it anymore, it resolves in reverse order, starting with the last action to be activated and ending with the first. Please note the difference between triggering an action, and it actually resolving, there can be a delay between the two if any other actions are triggered in between.

In your example, you could not add the Bleeding Wall's effect to the chain, you could not respond to your Seduced by Darkness with the Bleeding Wall, since the Hydra hasn't been corrupted yet. You have to wait until Seduced by Darkness has resolved before the Hydra is a legal target for the Bleeding Wall. This means that the chain resolves in reverse order, first Seduced by Darkness corrupting the Hydra, then the Hydra's effect lowering the hit points. Now there's a new opportunity to start an action chain, and the Hydra is a legal target now, so now you can use The Bleeding Wall's effect.

You, clean my eyes smile thx

Hello, I have easy question too.

Can I attach the Daemonsword to corrupted Fielding Spawn?

and

Can I target Seductive Delusion on corrupted unit to deal damage another unit ?

u can attach the sword.

it is a magic sword, so powerful and cursed and damned, that ull lose consciousness at first.
but someone can still put it into your hand, even if youre already unstable.

u can not target a corrupted unit with that spell.

the corruption is in this case from another kind.
u want to get control over a units mind to strike another unit.
if the units mind is alredy gone, your magic wont trigger.

I can't search in rules any confirm about card effect on corrupted unit.
Can you prove it with rules?

well, i think we should really let another one answer that to have a second opinion, since i am not sure right now where i would search for it exactly.
im back after a few months and havnt even been playing for a while.

what i think is:
lets say you are having Bray Shamans out.
its your turn.
somewhere before your opponent would expect your strike, he can and does corrupt your card and you are not having anything to uncorrupt the shamans.
then you can not use the action.
the corruption is a must-fulfill and it should be as well for Seductive Delusion i believe, as it is for Blood Summoning for sure.
the difference of the two tactics is "...THEN" and "...TO", but it should weigh the same.

the corruption of the sword is more a side effect.
first you attach it, then the sword wants to corrupt its unit, but it is corrupted already. the first step nevertheless already happened.
the corruption of the unit does not make it an invalid target.

you wrote "I can't search in rules..."
did you mean search or find?
if you cant search, the get these:
Unofficial Printer Friendly Condensed Rulebook & FAQ v1.5.1.
Official Rulebook
Official v1.5 Printer-Friendly FAQ.

from http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=232 which is the second sticky thread in this forum, that will get updates every now and then.

also you can use the lil whi-icon in the post-pad to make a card name a cool database backed mouseover link within your questions and discussions.

pz so far

Last edited by 5oRitez (2012-04-15 13:06:29)