Topic: [Feature Request] Collection vs Decks vs Inventory

First off, since this is my first time posting here, I have to say this site has been a lifeline for me on so many levels when it comes to MTG. Thanks for being here!

There's a few things I've done on my account that I find makes life easier for me.

• When making decks, I have a set of folders that are essentially just my "construction" notes. Essentially its cards I looked for. I usually save this for the future in case I find I don't like the way the deck is running so I can go back and look at what options I've already considered.

• I find it very useful for my sanity to have a deck that's literally just every card that appeared in each set. Often times I personally think in terms of sets when I am trying to find a card weather its to price it or consider using it. (Look at my account if this doesn't make sense).

• Then I simply a folder allocated to decks I've created.

Before getting into my suggestion, I'd like to say THANKYOU for having nested folders. SOME websites *cough*GMAIL*cough* took forever to get that and that messed with my sanity big time.

Anywhoo, as you'll notice from my examples above, many of those examples don't require me to keep track of any kind of inventory data at all --- as a matter of fact, I'd prefer for it not to. A simple toggle to "not keep track" of this deck for inventory purposes would be really nice. It would be even nicer if I could dump all such decks in a special folder that has that option as a group policy. A big place this comes up is when you bring a card up from the database and it shows you what decks you currently have it. For m sanity, I label decks in specific ways to ensure I know, at a glance, if its a deck I am concerned about or not.

Another thing that might make life a lot easier is if Deckbox actually had pre-made lists of every set and release of Magic to serve as something of a checklist. A way to quickly enter your inventory by running down your collections and simply adding numbers --- kind of like an audit report.

Thanks for your time and efforts!

Re: [Feature Request] Collection vs Decks vs Inventory

Hello, thanks for the nice words and feedback smile

The possibility of marking the decks as 'finished' is something we want to do. The 'finished' ones would be the only ones counting towards your 'in decks' count.

The checklist is again something we saw mentioned a few times. What you mean is something similar to going to the card database page and filtering by edition, right? http://deckbox.org/games/mtg/cards?f=5397