Topic: My Ghave Deck (EDH) (Opinions)

This is my Ghave EDH, I'm still pretty new to the format and not completely sure of how to build my deck, I also don't have many people to test it against so any advice would be greatly appreciated, there are a good number of cards that aim for infinite combos (ie Presence of Gond + Sunstrike/Midnight Guard) and then its mostly saccing tokens to different engines for whatever you need

Thanks for the Help!

http://deckbox.org/sets/173198

Re: My Ghave Deck (EDH) (Opinions)

I also run a Ghave EDH deck and it's very fun to play.  I like your build as it is very similar to mine

I found myself wanted to see Sigil Captain less and less as I played with it because it only triggers on 1/1 creatures and doesn't trigger at all when cards like  Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Creakwood Liege, Cathars' Crusade and Mirari's Wake are in play.  It seemed I either needed to commit to an all 1/1 build with little or no pump cards or abandon the sigil captain.  I chose the latter and am happy with my decision. 

Aside from that, the only glaringly odd choices are Birds of paradise and Tatterkite.  The birds are a dead draw beyond turn 3 or 4 and the tatterkite, well, it seems like it does the opposite of what you want it to do.

Re: My Ghave Deck (EDH) (Opinions)

I included the birds because of the fact that the deck often has trouble gaining speed right away, it's not the best and I am looking for something to replace it however, tatterkite is only in there because it's a fun infinite combo with Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and any of my sac engines, they're also both in there because I don't know what else to run instead. As far as the sigil captain, i think you're absolutely right but I'm not sure what else to use, I had a phytohydra in there for a while but I never even played it, if anyone has any ideas about what to replace any of these with they would be greatly appreciated (I am willing to trade to get what I need) Also I'm trying to decide if I want to run lands like isolated chapel over orzhov basilica and razorverge thicket over selesnya sanctuary, any experience on which is better?

Last edited by imsully2 (2012-06-05 07:41:38)