Topic: Highest Mythics in a box

I'm just curious to find out if maybe AR is an exception, but I just pulled 9 MRs today in one box.

I think my highest is 6 before this. Is that completely unheard of or have there been more?

Re: Highest Mythics in a box

Once a got a ratio of 1 MR on 2 packs (I didn't bought a box).

I think it has something to do with it being one of the first boxs printed for the set. I noticed it before in DKA, people pulling sorins and huntmasters in the same boxs, and out of 12 only one person hadnt gotten a sorin. I did great with this set, got around the same amount of mythics as you, if not more.

I also got a huntmaster and sorin together when I bought a DA box at launch.

Huh, that's very peculiar.

Although, this is a bigger set than DA. It was really small in comparison and I could quickly tell. I had a lot of 8 copies on commons from DA. This time my highest was 6.

Last edited by Hellnikko (2012-05-05 18:12:59)

Makes me want to buy another box actually....

Several folks at my LGS bought cases or more of AVR and noticed that the trends are towards lumping of mythics and even the same mythics in some instances within a box or two.  Personally pulled multiple of the same mythic in two of three boxes I bought.  Others saw 5 Tamiyos pulled in 3 boxes, and also 4 Grislebrands (1 addtl one foil) pulled in 4 boxes, yet some opened cases where neither of these showed their faces. 

Wizards is did a pretty slick job of collating this set (or completely botched it, depending on your viewpoint) - definitely intending to give folks buying just a few packs a shot at something decent by throwing off the box mappers.

I cracked 7 mythics in my MBS box.

omg my friends cracked 11 mythics in an Avacyn restored box yesterday including a foil Tamiyo.

Mine had Misthollow griffin, Malignus and primal surge....  :'(

Last edited by brenden66 (2012-05-13 06:54:33)

brenden66 wrote:

omg my friends cracked 11 mythics in an Avacyn restored box yesterday including a foil Tamiyo.

Mine had Misthollow griffin, Malignus and primal surge....  :'(

I feel your pain... My AVR box had Griselbrand, Sigarda, Primal Surge, Misthollow Griffin and Malignus...
Sure, Grisel and Sigarda were NICE... But utterly useless to me after the Griselbrand ban in EDH

EDIT: Pertaining to the original post, my close friend opened 8 mythics in his AVR box... Needless to say, I was jealous.

Last edited by tails616 (2012-07-05 22:20:17)

Profile          Wishlist          Tradelist