Topic: Anyone have any Legends Dragons?

Chromium, Nicol Bolas, Vaevictus Asmadi, Arcades Sabboth, Palladia-Mors; those guys. From Legends. With black borders. Anyone have any?

Re: Anyone have any Legends Dragons?

I've got:

Nicol Bolas (Timeshifted)
Vaevictus Asmadi (Chronicles)
Palladia-Mors (Chronicles)

Only interested in Black-bordered dragons from Legends.

Cool.  Out of curiosity, what's up with black borders?  Why I ask is because lately I've seen players attempting to use black border cards (dragons specifically) at modern events even though they aren't legal in modern.

james_gingerich wrote:

Cool.  Out of curiosity, what's up with black borders?  Why I ask is because lately I've seen players attempting to use black border cards (dragons specifically) at modern events even though they aren't legal in modern.

Players like black bordered cards because the rest of the cards in their decks are that color border and many players like consistency in looks. It's the same reason many prefer modern bordered cards, they think that they look better.

james_gingerich wrote:

I'm sorry, what?

schild wrote:
james_gingerich wrote:

I'm sorry, what?

Modern essentially begins when cards stopped using the White border and went to black borders.   He's saying people are trying to pass older cards for Modern cards by using ones with black borders.

james_gingerich wrote:

If it's been reprinted with a modern border, all previous printings are legal.

Not always true.  For instance, duel decks Knights vs. Dragons reprinted Henge Guardian with a black border, yet it's not modern legal.

I think the misconception is that Modern is an eternal format, but is rather a non-rotating format.

Sai077 wrote:
schild wrote:
james_gingerich wrote:

I'm sorry, what?

Modern essentially begins when cards stopped using the White border and went to black borders.   He's saying people are trying to pass older cards for Modern cards by using ones with black borders.

This is completely and totally wrong. There's no "essentially" with modern. It's 8th edition and forward. Also it is not eternal - as mentioned - so no Commander card shenanigans.

james_gingerich wrote:

I just collect Dragons and don't have any Legends printings of the Elder Dragons; only Chronicles (And TSP for Bolas). I just specified Black Bordered so people would know I didn't mean Chronicles.

bump it up

bump

Someone from our group recently got some cards from his grandpa, including a Chromium from Legends in NM. However, we are waiting to see if he can trade it, because his brother has rights to half of the cards.