Topic: Updated Mill Deck...Looking for feedback and suggestions to fine tune.

Just want to know if this is a deck that would do ok at a FNM event.

http://deckbox.org/sets/197911

Re: Updated Mill Deck...Looking for feedback and suggestions to fine tune.

I would likely exchange one Invisible Stalker for another Jace's Phantasm and would make sure to fit 2x more Mana Leak, but otherwise, yeah, this looks like a solid mill deck.  Now whether that would actually win games at FNM, that I couldn't tell you.  But it would be worth a shot.

I actually would consider running vapor snag or unsummon in some number to deal with creatures that get cast that you cant afford to block or can't counter due to Cavern of souls. I would also drop the number of rewinds a bit.

Helios52 wrote:

I actually would consider running vapor snag or unsummon in some number to deal with creatures that get cast that you cant afford to block or can't counter due to Cavern of souls. I would also drop the number of rewinds a bit.

I completely agree I would run x3 vapor snag / unsummon x2 rewind and at most x2 Geralf's Mindcrusher, (I know he's very nice but I think you're better off cutting him and the Closets to make room for board control spells like Mana Leaks and Unsummons and maybe even Devastation Tides if you have some)

Also this looks like a very solid milling deck, I think you'll have a pretty decent chance to do well at FNM but it all depends on the meta, some stores get people who drop 700$ on decks they found online so if it doesn't work out right away don't get discouraged at all, this is a very solid looking deck. If you're looking to improve it for the future (Trade for more expensie cards) more Jaces is better since they will get killed pretty quickly and Sword of Body and Mind is something to consider but since it's about to leave standard probably not worth it

Last edited by imsully2 (2012-08-10 16:09:06)

thanks definitely will go for more control.