Topic: [Feature Request] Total Inventory Value

First of all, let me say that this site is awesome, i've been wanting something like this for a long time!

I'd like to see one small feature: Displaying the total value of the cards in the inventory, similar to the value of decks, so i can finally now for certain how much money went down the drain all these years. wink

Re: [Feature Request] Total Inventory Value

This is very easy to do, but I have been reluctant to implement it. I'm not sure how many people want to see those large figures each time they look at their inventory smile

It has, however, been requested on a couple of occasions before, so it seems people would like to see that.

I am considering adding it as an option under the Tools menu (or another such non-intrusive place - meaning you have to specifically want to see it, and click somewhere to get to it).

Yeah, that sound like an excellent solution. smile

Last edited by DIos (2010-03-01 12:10:01)

I don't see an option for this Inventory Total Value, but I would definitely like to see it.  Since I don't play MtG any more (for now), I am only using the site as a way to get values and index my collection.

I know I'm resurecting an old post, and if I am overlooking something please let me know, but a good idea is a good idea!

Clint

I too, would like to see this.

And finally... you can! smile

If you go to the View menu and click on Show value, you'll see the total value of the set you're looking at (works for Inventory, Tradelist, Wishlist).

Think twice before you click it though... maybe you DO NOT want to see that tongue

P.S. If you go to Edit Profile, and choose a different preferred price (like minimum on tcgplayer.com), that one will be used for the calculation.

Cool, thank you. big_smile

My total inventory value is around 2000 Bucks...altough according to my calculations thats about four times the monetary value i ever invested in Magic, so not a bad deal. wink

I've been thinking about the sum's relevance... I mean some people (like me, and you smile ) also keep track of their commons in their inventory. I'm not sure how important that part is... meaning that you'll probably never ever going to trade most of those away, or sell them or anything.

Mihai suggested I make the value take your filters into account, so that one can filter the inventory to only show the non-common cards, and see how much only those are worth.

Not sure if I'll actually do it... just a thought.

Yeah, a lot of my friends also log only rares and uncommons, so a filter might be a good idea.

I'm in the process of inputting all my cards, commons included as well. I wanted a database I could search so I could tell how many of any one card I had.

Optional filters never hurt, they just add more options and usability. So it's a good idea. Makes sense that the total value displayed is for the cards that match any current filters anyway.

I am a big fan of this idea has it been implemented? Also if you would graph it as a weekly amount I would be very interested because I am interested in tracking trends.

A filter would be nice, though if it were a mammoth task I'd skip it. I do have my commons/entire collection on here more or less now, but the total value doesn't have much meaning to me other than to gawp in horror at smile.