Topic: AVR box: To open, or not to open?.. that is the question

so what do you guy's think?
should I keep my box of AVR sealed up for future value, or crack it open for the spoils within? big_smile

Re: AVR box: To open, or not to open?.. that is the question

I'd say that most stuff in AVR is just gonna go down over time, if you keep it sealed you've just got to hope that nothing like Cavern ever gets reprinted again cause I don't think anything else is impressive enough and unique enough to really drive up the price, feel free to correct me community at large as I havn't been playing all that long smile

valid point.
I just don't want to kick myself later after cracking the box when I got a great deal on it to begin with.

Monolith wrote:

valid point.
I just don't want to kick myself later after cracking the box when I got a great deal on it to begin with.

I would wait and see if anyone more experienced than me has a different POV because I might be forgetting something major, but I doubt Bonfires'll ever be worth as much as they are while in standard

Well AVR has some pretty solid cards that people might want to try and people pull. They prolly aren't going to reprint cards with miracle anytime soon. Restoration angel is solid option in modern. The legendary angels make good generals for edh. Griselbrand sees play in legacy as well as the already mentioned cavern of souls. It's got alot of flavor that I'm sure people down the road could value.

cracked the box, nothing to write home about,
in all I can't complain.