Topic: Reprint policy, Scars of Mirrodin and Sharkan Vol

Big news day for Magic today

Starting off light, first item is the official announcement of the new set coming in october - Scars of Mirrodin. The name, as well as the expansion symbol strongly point to an artifact-heavy block. I was not arround in the time of Mirrodin, buy maybe some of you guys can tell us newbies what we can expect smile

Secondly, a highly debated topic that everyone is up in arms about (even people from outside Legacy and Vintage) - the revised reprint policy.  I'm not personally going to comment on that, but I will say that I do not understand Wizards' reasons for doing so. The issue is intensely debated on the official forums, on mtgsalvation, mtgthesource legacy forums, and just about everywhere else there is magic.

Thirdly, I will end on an optimistic, happy and speculative note. smile The second part of the Awakenings comic has been published, and you can read it here (first one was out last thursday, featuring Jace and Anowon). I will not spoil your pleasure, so go on and read it, but I will invite the lore-savvy people to venture a few guesses about what this all means for the future of the lore, and for the upcoming Rise of the Eldrazi.

Cheers!

Later Edit: removed incorrect information about block being named Corrosion big_smile (thanks Trickster)

Re: Reprint policy, Scars of Mirrodin and Sharkan Vol

Actually the block will be called Scars of Mirrodin (the Corrosion thing was just a tag line tongue). Also, it will be followed by Mirrodin Pure aaaaaand... New Phyrexia! Info obtained from recent trademarks filed by wizards.

As for the reprint policy... I honestly have no hard to get cards from the reserved list on my wishlist and I don't play legacy or vintage, so I guess its ok...