Topic: GalacticFisher is an excellent trader. Trade with him!

If you are going to read this thread, make sure to read it all, so you understand that when GalacticFisher realized he had broken the rules, he bent over backwards to make it right and went far above and beyond his responsibility to do so.

Last edited by reignofkindo (2012-10-15 15:50:07)

Re: GalacticFisher is an excellent trader. Trade with him!

Someone did this to me a couple days ago. Not much you can do besides be pissed off. It isn't worth it to leave negative feedback unless they did something more serious, in my opinion. My reputation is still tainted after some guy took a month and a half to mail me $15 worth of cards lol.

Well, it says in the rules that anyone who does this can be banned. I'm just asking whether people think that's the course of action I should follow? On MOTL, he would be forced to go through with the trade or would be banned. MOTL don't mess around.

I'd like to know the name so I can avoid the person.

reignofkindo wrote:

Well, it says in the rules that anyone who does this can be banned. I'm just asking whether people think that's the course of action I should follow? On MOTL, he would be forced to go through with the trade or would be banned. MOTL don't mess around.

I'd go by the book, tell Sebi, link the convo and let administration decide, I don't really think this is a decision that we should be making

I agree with 311chaos, I would like to avoid this person as well. Look, it's in the rules you agree to when you sign up to do these trades. If for some reason a trade needs to be canceled, talk it through with the other person. Canceling because of a better offer is not ok.

you should report him

http://pwp.wizards.com/2210524996/Scorecards/Landscape.png

what he did was negligent.

for instance, i made a deal earlier this week to send an olivia voldaren plus some. of course i made this deal in the hubbalabub after a weekend worth of trading when rtr came out officially. stupid me, i fucking traded them off, AND i accepted a dudes trade for em on here.

so i BUY him a new one on tcgplayer. no ifs ands or buts about it. dude didn't even have to ask.

my general feeling for this type of take-back/indian-giving behavior (no offense) is that we MUST be strict against it. our word is all we have to go on. PERIOD. we can't obstruct that passage of consideration for one another otherwise the system becomes broken.

As soon as you hit that accept button, the cards are no longer yours IMHO.

I actually had almost the exact same thing happen to me about a week ago by some guy who was trying to trade an Underground Sea to get into Standard.  I got really angry so I waited to cool down to talk to him. 

He wanted $150 worth of Standard on TCG players low prices for his $150 Sea and apparently I was only giving $110, so he cancelled.  No talking things over with me, trying to resolve issues. Nothing. This was after I had packaged the cards up and removed them from my Deckbox.  I am still a bit butt hurt over that.

I do not really want to say who he is on here, but I am pretty sure that he is the only person with negative feedback under my cancelled trades if you really wanna know smile

Last edited by scurveymobile (2012-10-15 02:18:44)

http://pwp.wizards.com/5101743434/Scorecards/Landscape.png

i need to report someone as well if someone would be kind enough to tell me how.

also, please tell us this guys name so we can avoid him.  none of us want to deal with fairweather traders like that.

i've traded cards at tournaments and forgot to remove them from my deckbox only to trade them on here as well.  when happens, i suck it up and get one from my inventory and put one on my wishlist.  you make the mistake, you pay for it.

when you make a trade agreement, it is a binding contract and there is no backing out.

http://pwp.wizards.com/2210524996/Scorecards/Landscape.png

AgainstOne wrote:

i need to report someone as well if someone would be kind enough to tell me how.

also, please tell us this guys name so we can avoid him.  none of us want to deal with fairweather traders like that.

i've traded cards at tournaments and forgot to remove them from my deckbox only to trade them on here as well.  when happens, i suck it up and get one from my inventory and put one on my wishlist.  you make the mistake, you pay for it.

when you make a trade agreement, it is a binding contract and there is no backing out.

I wish I could upvote this.

http://deckbox.org/trades/33021?s=13039

Just sayin..

medicfourlife wrote:

http://deckbox.org/trades/33021?s=13039

Just sayin..

I'm already talking it out with the original poster here but go ahead and be the head of the lynch mob. I messed up without realizing and am in the process of making amends but go ahead and be that way. Every single one of my other trades is flawless. Let me be clear here, I've had what I'm being persecuted for happen to me almost 5 times here where the other trader did not even say anything just canceled the trade and some where they said they got a better deal. I assumed it was normal procedure here. I make a sincere attempt to let reignofkindo know what I'm doing and suddenly I'm the villain. I'm not asking for forgiveness, but some understanding will go a long way here. You people take an honest mistake extremely seriously, and while that may be the right course of action, the point that it was a bad idea is pretty clear now.

Last edited by GalacticFisher (2012-10-15 03:05:15)

After a trade has been accepted, the trade is set in stone. I'm pretty sure that's one of the strict rules of trading. Please post the username of the person who you did this trade with. Revealing personal information isn't acceptable, but I think it's everyone's responsibility to disclose dishonest and bad trader's username given you have the proof.

Since it seems to be unanimous that everyone wants names, the guy in my stories username is JAKElolz.

Is there anyway to start a sticky thread on members who disobeyed the rules or is that going a bit overboard?

scurveymobile wrote:

Since it seems to be unanimous that everyone wants names, the guy in my stories username is JAKElolz.

Is there anyway to start a sticky thread on members who disobeyed the rules or is that going a bit overboard?

Was the trade accepted in your situation as well?

scurveymobile wrote:

If it makes you feel better I'm the one Op was trading with and I had a canceled trade from the same guy you did. Except I'm trying to make it right, and still being harassed. Justice.

GalacticFisher wrote:
scurveymobile wrote:

If it makes you feel better I'm the one Op was trading with and I had a canceled trade from the same guy you did. Except I'm trying to make it right, and still being harassed. Justice.

To me it should just be common sense that once you agree you do it.  I have been offered better trades for a card that I had already traded and decline them because I have an obligation to continue the previous trade.

I commend you for trying to make whats wrong right and am sorry that others have dicked you over on this site.  Hopefully now that you know the rules a bit better you can join the angry mob and be a 'rules stickler' like the rest of us with over 50 trades on this site.

anubomb wrote:
scurveymobile wrote:

Was the trade accepted in your situation as well?

It was accepted by both parties, addresses where exchanged and I had my cards packaged up.

Last edited by scurveymobile (2012-10-15 03:31:22)

scurveymobile wrote:
GalacticFisher wrote:
scurveymobile wrote:

To me it should just be common sense that once you agree you do it.  I have been offered better trades for a card that I had already traded and decline them because I have an obligation to continue the previous trade.

I commend you for trying to make whats wrong right and am sorry that others have dicked you over on this site.  Hopefully now that you know the rules a bit better you can join the angry mob and be a 'rules stickler' like the rest of us with over 50 trades on this site.

It should be common sense but not when it's been done to me several times already. Thank you for being rational.

GalacticFisher wrote:
scurveymobile wrote:

And I see you actually gave him negative feedback that says "Canceled a finalized trade without even a word" How is cancelling a finalized trade saying "Sorry, I got a better offer" any better than that? You claim you didn't know it was against the rules to cancel after trading addresses, but you gave someone a negative a week before for doing the same thing? Wut.

reignofkindo wrote:
GalacticFisher wrote:
scurveymobile wrote:

And I see you actually gave him negative feedback that says "Canceled a finalized trade without even a word" How is cancelling a finalized trade saying "Sorry, I got a better offer" any better than that? You claim you didn't know it was against the rules to cancel after trading addresses, but you gave someone a negative a week before for doing the same thing? Wut.

I didn't do it because of the rules, I did it because he did it without saying anything... Like it says. I hold "Sorry I got a better offer" better than not saying anything because I was making you aware of my intentions. I didn't do it on purpose, how many times does that need to be said?

reignofkindo wrote:
GalacticFisher wrote:
scurveymobile wrote:

It doesn't take a Dracogenius to realize that is hypocrisy.

reignofkindo wrote:
GalacticFisher wrote:
scurveymobile wrote:

No, I believe that was the negative feedback I gave to JACKlolz that you read, not from op's person

scurveymobile wrote:
reignofkindo wrote:
GalacticFisher wrote:

No, I believe that was the negative feedback I gave to JACKlolz that you read, not from op's person

I am OP. That was feedback that GalacticFisher left for JACKlolz. I think all these quotes are getting confusing.