Topic: Epic Game Tales

A lot of games in this format tend to be "oh, I got mana screwed." Let's share tales of games that are far more epic.

Today I obtained a Deaths Presence and decided to change my entire deck to be centered around it. Unfortunately, most games I didn't see it. But I did in one game with Fred D.

I had Death's Presence a Dreg Mangler, and a Dark Revenant. He had a seemingly endless supply of blockers. Before I got this set up though, he had gotten me down to 7 life. I got the Dreg Mangler up to about 10/10 with Death's Presence, then started attacking with it every turn. He was forced to keep a blocker open, and use them. Most of the time those blockers killed my Dark Revenant, boosting Dreg Mangler up 2 every turn. It seemed to be a stalemate.

Then Fred got a card that allowed him to exile a creature with power greater than 5. I had no cards in my hand, so I couldn't stop my Dreg being exiled. Being exiled isn't dying (right???) so my other creature got no tokens. Fred was then able to overrun me pretty easily since I had been sacrificing my creatures so readily.

Lesson learned: Get creatures with lifelink. Also, good job Fred on making absolutely sure to kill my few creatures with Trample once you saw what I was doing. That would have made it a different game, too.

Re: Epic Game Tales

That was also the 1st time I had played with Gobbling Ooze and every time I did a block-sacrifice it grew by +1/+1.

Also, Selesnya Charm FTW (I need more)