Topic: Prize Pool Distribution Feedback

I haven't yet finalized the prize pack distributions (other than breaking them into a couple different pools) and I'm looking for some feedback on whether people would prefer fewer winners who get more stuff of more winners with less big payouts. Since its a friendly and very relaxed league I'd lean towards the latter but I'd be glad to get some feedback from leaguers.

Whatcha think?

Re: Prize Pool Distribution Feedback

just a quick question- can the winners use their winning packs to improve their decks?  i'm torn on the idea, though i'm much more ok with it if we have lots of winners, lots of prizes, rather than one or two big winners.

Re: Prize Pool Distribution Feedback

Flatten out the prize pool. Offer a minimal prize to anyone who reaches a set number of points/wins, and additional prizes based on win percentage. Try to structure it so that 66% or more of the prizes are given out for regular participation rather than being the best.

Any players with 20 or more points (5 per week) get one prize pack. Any players with 12 or more wins (3 per week) get 1 prize pack. The remaining prize packs are distributed to the 5-10 players with best win percentage and the 1 player with the worst nonzero win percentage.

Last edited by SkepticalMario (2012-10-17 15:54:38)

Michael Kioski, QA