Topic: Sending stuff to Canada

Hey all,

Quick question for US mailers. Is there anything special I need to do to send something to Canada? I'm sending from DC to Ontario. It's a pain for me to get to a post office so I was wondering if I can just stamp the envelope properly and send it from home.

Is it possible to find proper stamp postage somewhere? How many stamps do I need to stick on a regular letter to send it? Or do I have to go to a post office to get it mailed properly? Don't want it returned/lost/held, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Sending stuff to Canada

As long as it is one ounce or less, you can just put 2 stamps on it.  You have to use a regular envelope though.

http://pwp.wizards.com/2210524996/Scorecards/Landscape.png

VideSupra wrote:

Hey all,

Quick question for US mailers. Is there anything special I need to do to send something to Canada? I'm sending from DC to Ontario. It's a pain for me to get to a post office so I was wondering if I can just stamp the envelope properly and send it from home.

Is it possible to find proper stamp postage somewhere? How many stamps do I need to stick on a regular letter to send it? Or do I have to go to a post office to get it mailed properly? Don't want it returned/lost/held, etc.

Thanks!

Technically all international mail needs to be processed by a clerk at a post office, even if you prepaid and printed a label at home. Packages (not standard sized envelopes) declaration forms placed on them stating what is in the package & its value. You can try dropping off an international package in the mail. It might go through, or it might get returned to you a couple days later.

AgainstOne wrote:

As long as it is one ounce or less, you can just put 2 stamps on it.  You have to use a regular envelope though.

Yeah, it's just a few cards in a single top-loader, I can def do a regular envelope. So two forever stamps would send it through just fine?

Yeah that should be sufficient. I've traded with Canada a couple times and have never had a problem with it.

VideSupra wrote:
AgainstOne wrote:

Yeah, it's just a few cards in a single top-loader, I can def do a regular envelope. So two forever stamps would send it through just fine?

as long as it's in a regular envelope and weighs one ounce or less, 2 forever stamps will definitely do it.  i do it frequently.

http://pwp.wizards.com/2210524996/Scorecards/Landscape.png