Topic: Cross post from buzz: Prize Distribution

https://mainframe.nerdery.com/buzz.php? … TD18604*78

tl;dr: Skip to the end and "vote" on the buzz if you care about how we distribute prizes.

League results as of now(ish) 2 weeks in are posted in the lunchroom. You can also view the results in Google Docs here: ]https://docs.google.com/a/nerdery.com/s … 0RFE#gid=1 (though I'm only updating once per week). Each week "tab" is cumulative.

At the end of the league, we'll be ranking everybody in the relevant categories and distributing prizes. Below are the details and rules for the prize pools:

Biggest Loser: Most losses
Eligibility Prerequisites: none
6 Packs

High Scorers: Highest League Scores
Eligibility Prerequisites: none
1st: 8 Packs
2nd: 6 Packs
3rd: 4 Packs
4th: 2 Packs
5th: 1 Pack
6th: 1 Pack
7th: 1 Pack
8th: 1 Pack
9th: 1 Pack
10th: 1 Pack

Big Winners: Highest Win Percentage
Eligibility Prerequisites: must have played 8 games during the course of the league
1st: 8 Packs
2nd: 6 Packs
3rd: 4 Packs
4th: 2 Packs
5th: 1 Pack
6th: 1 Pack
7th: 1 Pack
8th: 1 Pack
9th: 1 Pack
10th: 1 Pack

TL;DR SECTION BEGIN

I'm inclined to say that we should only let people win one prize in order to maximize the number of people who get some sort of "pay out" for participating. If we did it that way we'd say that you'd win the bigger of the two prizes you were eligible for and the smaller prize would go to the next person on the list. If you want to LIMIT the prizes to 1/player please AGREE to this post. If you want players to be able to win more than one prize please DISAGREE with this post. I'll take the votes into consideration along with some ad hoc pollstering.

TL;DR SECTION END

Re: Cross post from buzz: Prize Distribution

well done, I think this setup is a good one- rewarding both good play and participation while spreading the love around.  I know some peeps were super busy this week, so their game numbers are down, but win % is still strong- so they are totally in the running for stuff.  I also like the one prize per person- spread the love around.

Overall I've had a blast with NLML, been happy with the set up and the prize distro continues the trend.