Topic: Voting on Decks

Any plans on adding a "vote/star" feature or "thumbs up" feature to the decks section.  Would be nice to be able to see how the community feels about decks currently in the system and then to be able to view those decks by rank or other type sort.

Love the commenting for decks.

Re: Voting on Decks

As a member of some other forums where the members can be very blunt and shrewd (borderline hostile at times), I must say that I only agree with a "thumbs-up" or "like" feature. I haven't had time to see how the commenting is going here, although I am reasonably sure that it is civil and constructive.

I feel that it is only appropriate to comment on someone's deck (especially if it is a rogue build for the format), if you have something nice and/or constructive to say. I see no need to ever give a deck a rating of one or two stars out of five.

However, I think that it may be a good feature to include for the user to rate their own deck's effectiveness with a star ranking. Not a required feature mind you, but another bell/whistle.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

Re: Voting on Decks

As with any online community there will always be trolls and people who think they can say whatever they want behind the veil of anonymity online.

It gets a little complicated when dealing with ratings, because someone could game the system if the rating system isn't developed properly.  Plus you then have to weigh in the knowledge of the voter, someone new to the game could rate a 10/10 when they know very little about all the possible cards or about the deck itself.

I am thinking more of a digg style rating system or Facebook "like" style to help combat trolls.  the other way to help combat trolls is to also "thumb down" comments, again this increases complexity of a rating/comment portion but could also entice more community oriented feedback.

A simple "like" button would at least give the community a metric of what is popular and what is not.  I know there is FB integration already, but I don't ever plan to muddy my FB profile with stuff outside FB.