Topic: Scars of Mirrodin is 100% Spoiled!

http://mtgsalvation.com/scars-of-mirrodin-spoiler.html

Early this morning, our friends at MTGSalvation finished spoiling the newest set.

And:

IT LOOKS AMAZING.

If you are reading this sentance, stop and click that link!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

Re: Scars of Mirrodin is 100% Spoiled!

Hmmm, not that impressed. And why so soon? Sometimes it's nice to keep a little bit of anticipation. It makes for more excitement during draft smile.

As for the set, really not that impressed. Although with infect set to get a bigger contribution with the next sets, that might change.
What I'm actually curios about is how the exit of Alara will affect Standard... Let's see new ideas coming people!

Well, sorry you aren't so exited. Honestly, I don't even give standard a thought when I see new sets anymore. I really only play limited, extended, legacy, Pauper, Planechase, Archenemy, Emperor or EDH. Looks like a whole bunch of cards for EDH to me, and the return of some awful affinity deck for standard. To be a little blunt, standard decks are "built" by Wizards design, and there is little if any room for unique ideas.

Also, it came so quickly this time because it isn't an OFFICIAL spoiler. Some of the cards could be up to 50% wrong, as they are wrested from the clutches of the orb, twitter and rumors. Most of them are reliable though, especially when you look at their track record.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

I agree there are definitely some great EDH cards in this set.  I'm also a little stoked about drafting this set.  I'm not as jazzed about Standard for SoM but am giving my standard deck some review.  Infect seems a little too dependent on a play style to thrive in standard right now but might make for a fun addition.

- Apparatus

TheShaman wrote:

Also, it came so quickly this time because it isn't an OFFICIAL spoiler. Some of the cards could be up to 50% wrong, as they are wrested from the clutches of the orb, twitter and rumors. Most of them are reliable though, especially when you look at their track record.

Actually that is not correct.  Wizards spoiled the complete set on the Visual Spoiler Wed around midnight.  Salvation updated their section fully once that happened.  Salavation's spoiler is correct or at least should be.

TheShaman wrote:

Honestly, I don't even give standard a thought when I see new sets anymore. I really only play limited, extended, legacy, Pauper, Planechase, Archenemy, Emperor or EDH. Looks like a whole bunch of cards for EDH to me, and the return of some awful affinity deck for standard. To be a little blunt, standard decks are "built" by Wizards design, and there is little if any room for unique ideas.

OK, that's also true. These days it's actually more fun to play extended, pauper, EDH and so on (love Planechase smile ).
And yeah, Wizards has a tendency to control the standard decks. But that's exactly why I'm hoping that some guys somewhere will find some new ideas (which usually happens tongue).

Thing is that I like to see Standard strong because most new guys are usually into that, and as "standard" as it is, it still makes for a fun gameplay (especially in trying to make new decks, or beat the top ones). And it can also give you the resources to stay in Magic big_smile.