Topic: Wrong card thumbnails\editions in Inventory and some more issues

I'm new to deckbox.org. I'm going to use it for complete inventory of my MtG cards. I use deckbox for one day only, but already I have some issues to tell.

Card Inventory functionality:
1. I started to fill in my Inventory and noticed that often card thumbnails are from the different editions. For instance, I have Unholy Strength card from Unlimited edition. In 'Name' column of my Inventory deckbox shows correct edition sign, but in 'Edition\Rarity' column it shows Magic 2011 edition sign and shows card thumbnail from Magic 2011 edition (which art is completely different from the card I have).
Would be great, if users had an option to display the same cards from diffrenet editions (or with different art) as separate cards with actual thumbnails. Well, probably, it's not so important for players and deckbuilders, but is pretty important for collectioners.

2. Would be great if Card Details' properties were a little bit updated. Now Properties has a list: foiled, textless, promo. What about foiled promos? smile I would add another one property: "alternative art" and make Properties as checkboxes instead of the single-choise list. (By the way, about alternative art. Would be great to have possibility to add custom thumbnails for really rare cards).

3. Different languages cards where already discussed here (http://deckbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3317), but as an addition I think it would be great to add 'Language' column to Inventory. For instance, I have both English and Russian cards, so I would like to see in my Inventory whether the card is English or Russian. And sometimes people (especially beginners) I play with ask not to include non-Russian cards to my decks, so I have to keep it in mind while building a deck to play with them.

Interface improvements:
1. In Inventory I used Columns setting to display only those columns I need. But after adding a new card this setting is back to default. Would be great if columns settings always remained the same (as user set them).

2. If You really need that commercial banner at the top of each page, could You move it higher? Now banner divides top toolbar (Add card etc.) from Inventory table which is not comfortable when adding many different cards at a time.

3. Would be great to have interface translated to other languages.

4. More cities need to be added. I'm from Russia, Khanty-Mansy autonomous district. Deckbox has only 2 towns in this district: Surgut and Radujniy, while there are more towns in our district, and some of them (like Nizhnevartovsk) are not so small - over 200 000 population.

And finally:
1. This Forum definetly needs Search bar ('cause it took me a while to find Search among menu options) and specific BB-codes explanations (like mtg BB-code).

2. iOS\Android app is a great idea, too.

Last edited by BlackTracktorist (2012-11-14 09:03:51)

Re: Wrong card thumbnails\editions in Inventory and some more issues

Hello, and thanks for your input.

Many of the points you mention we have already implemented for our next release, which we will preview soon. We'll then be looking forward to your feedback!

On the topic of internationalization, we'd like to have it but there are many things we want to do feature-wise that come before that, and it's a bit of an effort. So we've delayed that for now. Maybe at some point next year!

We can definitely add the city you want to our location database. Did I understand correctly that you'd need Russia, Khanty-Mansy, the city of Nizhnevartovsk?

We'll see what we can do about the search bar too. Our forum software is a bit minimalistic, which has advantages, and obviously disadvantages too smile But maybe we could work something out.

Thanks for Your reply. Looking foward to see the new version! As fot the city, yes, this is correct, I need Nizhnevartovsk. And as for internationalization, I think that when You start doing this, You'll find many enthusiasts to help You with translation.

So far I'll keep filling in my inventory and wait for new release.

We've added the city to the database, you can set it now smile