Topic: [EDH][Opinions] Trying to Build a Teysa

I've  been playing with the idea of trying out EDH for a while now and have been looking at a few legendary creatures and decided to play around with Teysa and see if she could make a fun deck to play. So far this stuff is what I've come across on the card database that popped out at me and it stays true to the ideology of the Orzhov Guild. The idea is to create tokens for all of the sacrifice needs and to reanimate and creature destruction.

So I need feedback on cheaper cards that do the same as what I have on here and ways to tweak things and make this deck fit into a small budget. Thanks for the feedback.

http://deckbox.org/sets/255716

Last edited by srrogers1985 (2012-11-19 21:55:11)

Re: [EDH][Opinions] Trying to Build a Teysa

any thoughts at all?

why on earth do you have a Renegade Demon?

I have seen this deck work with a cleric package as these guys really like getting sacrificed and sacrificing others. These are the ones I remember that I did not see you have.

Disciple of Griselbrand
Doomed Necromancer
Orzhov Pontiff
Rotlung Reanimator
Skirsdag High Priest
Soldevi Adnate

With the Rotlung making these guys just that much better for you.

Last edited by cynoid (2012-11-23 00:07:23)

Disciple of Griselbrand can be a lot of fun when paired with Demonic Rising.  You can sack everything and get a 5/5 flying demon in your end step.  Then the next turn you simply sack that one, gain 5 life, and get another brand new one in the next end step.  This also guarantees you're hitting morbid triggers if you have any.

It's a combo I haven't seen used in Standard, but that might be more viable in EDH when you're able to get Demonic Rising out more frequently.