Topic: Rarity searchbox faulty ?

im doing decksearches where i only want one rarity but other rarities keep getting into the list   is this a fault or is it some reason behind it ?

Re: Rarity searchbox faulty ?

Can you list some examples? Some cards have been printed at different rarities IE Rancor is an Uncommon in M13 but a Common in Urza's Legacy

Blazing torch
Cremate
Elves of deep shadow
fire elemental
leonin skyhunter
ravenous rats
Traitorous Instinct
Wall of Fire

come up when im searching for uncommon cards  all of them show as common in the rarity tag but its still listed

Searching for rare i get the following uncommon cards

Archangel
Serra Angel   
Thran Golem

when searching for commons i get
uncommon's as follows
Arrest
Kitesail
Mogg Fanatic
Oblivion Ring
Rancor
Rewind
Syncopate
Torch Fiend

I'll openly admit I'm confused for the more recent cards, but as imsully2 pointed out, several of the ones you've identified in the later list were printed as commons in one set, uncommons in another.  He noted Rancor, which is in your latter list. 

My suggestion would be to search by rarity, by set.  This might make things more tedious, but then you'll know exactly what the commons from each set are as opposed to encountering this problem.

If you're looking for pauper cards, I'm not sure on this front, but I believe you're allowed to use uncommons as long as they were printed as a common at some point in time.

it's not a big problem for me I was just wondering what the reason might be. if it is because of some changes that have happened to new edit's it might well be correct but I can not tell cause i have only played for half a year as of now

Well, the new version of the site that Sebi has up for demo viewing addresses many of these concerns by making edition of the cards much more prominent in the searches and whatnot.

You can view the alpha version of the site here:

http://alpha.deckbox.org (the password is let me see)