Topic: [Feature Request] Add the actual edition of the card

This site is awesome!!! I was just wondering though if it would be possible if you could add the exact edition of the cards you have? I have multiple cards that span multiple editions. I am just wondering if it would be possible?

Re: [Feature Request] Add the actual edition of the card

Hello and thank you for the kind words smile

Yes, it is possible to specify exactly which edition are every single one of your cards. To do so, go to your inventory and when going with your mouse over the card row, you should see a small red arrow. Click on it and you will get the card menu. From that menu choose 'Edit card details'. That will open a dialog where you can edit the details of each individual card (edition, foiled, DCI promo, etc.)

Enjoy!

THANK YOU SO MUCH. That was the only thing that I was look for. Man this site is amazing. You guys really have done a service to the MTG community.

Loving the site!!!

You already have the Autocomplete search working for the "Add Card" form, but was curious if you could add an autoselected drop down for the expansion. Obviously you couldn't select one if a card is in multiple expansions, but its semi-tedious to add a card, then go edit it, then choose the only expansion from the drop down and save the edited card.  Would be nice to skip those extra clicks for cards that only exist in one expansion.

Additionally, it would be nice to select the expansion during the "add card" instead of adding it then going back and editing the cards you just added.

Thoughts?

Yes, the expansion problem was raised by a few people already, and I think I'll have to get down to fixing it already tongue

Initially when I coded the feature I did not think that people would want to set the expansion for cards that were only ever printed in one.... but it seems some people do.

I'll think on it.

Thanks for your kind words and feedback. Keep it coming! smile

I think that people like to set the expenansion even if there is only one, because sets like timespiral come out that bring back cards that you didn't think would be reprinted.

It would even be nice if it defaulted to the only expansion that it had, and then you can go in and change it if you like. However, this might not be a great Idea for cards with mulitple expansions.

Either way this site is still freaking awesome!

It is by far the best one that I have used for cataloging cards.

sebi wrote:

Initially when I coded the feature I did not think that people would want to set the expansion for cards that were only ever printed in one.... but it seems some people do.

I'll think on it.

Some of us want to use this site to inventory our cards, and be able to have each version of the card listed separately by expansion.  I know... strange, but there is no accounting for taste. :-)

I'd love to be able to enter my cards in by expansion, and be able to list them that way. 

Quick example:

Lets say I only have 10 Fireball cards.  3 Fifth Edition, 2 Darksteel, and 5 Archenemy. (For sake of the example, that's my whole inventory...)

If I filter my inventory for Fifth Edition cards, I should only see 3 Fireball cards.  Instead I see one line showing 10 cards, and the edition shows as 2011, not Fifth like I tried to filter by.

This would be very cool if I could actually see the actual cards I own in the list.

Does this help with a direction to think?  (I know what it's like to have someone ask for your program to do something you never imagined it would be used for... fun stuff.)  :-)  Keep up the good work!

Yeah I agree, it would be easier for me to find cards if we saw the actual edition as well. If you look at my attached picture you can see that I sort all of my cards by set. It would be nicer if we I was looking for a card I knew how many I had in a set right up front to be able to know which box to pull from.

Post's attachments

My Collection.jpg 482.12 kb, 1 downloads since 2010-10-08 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

This is beginning to tie into the sub-inventory feature that is being worked on.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l55/ehndgaim/th_SigLogo.jpg
When you are here, you are one of the family.
Connect with the family on Facebook comming soon!

Agreed that this is a great site and tool, but wondering if there's been any update on identifying expansions.
I have several thousand cards I'd like to inventory. Being able to copy and paste them into your 'add a card' widget is great, but there seems to be no way to insert the edition information while doing that, so it seems I'll have to go back and edit this card by card.
Also wanted to point out when I edit the details of a card, the box that opens says that it will change the 'edition of the card you are trading,' and it puts the symbol of the new, updated edition in the same column as the name. I don't seem to be able to change the edition in the "Edition" column. Not sure if I'm doing some thing wrong.
It's significant because one card from Revised may be worth several dollars while the same card from Fourth Edition is worth pennies.  The same is true of some cards from the same edition that have different artwork.
Not complaining. You've created a great tool here.

Last edited by OrionsFire (2012-05-15 02:48:30)

Some improvements to some of the issues discussed here are coming in our next release.

sebi wrote:

Some improvements to some of the issues discussed here are coming in our next release.

Yep, already seems to work better since the site came back up. Nice job!