Topic: Selling 4x Thundermaw Hellkite

Edit: They've been put on ebay now, you can bid on them here!

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2012-12-13 06:03:52)

Profile   |   Foil Traders Community
Free yourself from yourself

Re: Selling 4x Thundermaw Hellkite

Hellkites are selling for $30-35 shipped on Ebay right now and a FoW can be purchased for $45-55.  Ebay fees are ~13%, but hey, that's the cost of doing business.  You'll be much better off selling them there and then buying a FoW with the money you make from selling them.  I have successfully used this strategy when wanting to turn high dollar standard cards into expensive eternal format staples.  Good luck.

grossoggodeckbox wrote:

Hellkites are selling for $30-35 shipped on Ebay right now and a FoW can be purchased for $45-55.  Ebay fees are ~13%, but hey, that's the cost of doing business.  You'll be much better off selling them there and then buying a FoW with the money you make from selling them.  I have successfully used this strategy when wanting to turn high dollar standard cards into expensive eternal format staples.  Good luck.

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2012-12-12 19:33:06)

normally you would want to sell for below trade value. Good luck though smile

UnstableFlux wrote:
grossoggodeckbox wrote:

Thanks! I'm going to try my luck on deckbox first and let it run for a couple days to see if anyone is interested, if not then to ebay I go!

I'd suggest putting the Hellkites up as 1 day or 3 day Buy it Now listings for a couple reasons - Buy it Now allows you to set a minimum price you'll sell for in a much more elegant way than setting a reserve, and short listings prevent your cards from being tied up for 5-7 days at a time.  The key to getting the most for your standard cards which spike is timing and pricing.  You can always price to sell, even if you are a couple days late.  Good luck!

Garuda wrote:

another thing you can try is to sell them here for cheaper than ebay.  currently you're selling them for $30 a piece.  If you do that on ebay $120 x 87% (-13% ebay fees) = $104.40.  Sell them here for $110, you'll make more money and ppl here won't spend as much.  Additionally you'll gain an extra ref point.

Good strat right here ^^

Garuda wrote:

another thing you can try is to sell them here for cheaper than ebay.  currently you're selling them for $30 a piece.  If you do that on ebay $120 x 87% (-13% ebay fees) = $104.40.  Sell them here for $110, you'll make more money and ppl here won't spend as much.  Additionally you'll gain an extra ref point.

Well they're selling for $130-$135 on ebay at the moment, but if someone is willing to buy them for $110 on here I'll do that smile

Last edited by UnstableFlux (2012-12-12 19:47:58)

The one other thing about Ebay worth mentioning is that the number of people who will see your listing vastly outnumbers the people who frequent this board.

grossoggodeckbox wrote:

The one other thing about Ebay worth mentioning is that the number of people who will see your listing vastly outnumbers the people who frequent this board.

Yeah 15 minutes into it and it already 7 watchers on ebay tongue But like I said if someone here is looking to buy them just refer to my original post in this thread