Topic: Standard (Type 2) and You

I've been playing Magic for roughly, seven months. Started with getting some Avacyn Restored fat packs, and when M 13 came out, a box of that. Slowly started building a trade collection and drafting, and now currently take first, second, or third at my local FNM setting. Generally there is 16-40 people. Game nights, 100 usually.

I have not been to any big events besides the San Diego International Comic Con for Magic, and there, well, got stomped. The format from then to now is well, much more, grindy I guess. It's either we see turn 4 kills and then go to game two, or we see control decks going for turn 11+.

How do you think the format will change as Gatecrash comes, and then Dragon's Maze. Do you think it will stay like this, or will it change more?

Re: Standard (Type 2) and You

There's no sure thing when it comes to predicting how the meta will shift, but given that the other five color pairings of the shocks will be released, I would imagine the game will diversify more.  The new mechanics appear to have a lot more potential to affect the game than the RTR ones, so that should help.  I'm just looking forward to the 3-4 weeks of new ideas before everyone is net-decking again.