Topic: {help} any ideas [green] mainly elves and wolves

i need some new ideas for this deck but im not too sure what to do with it if you can look its the only deck that i have on my profile that would be amazing:D

Re: {help} any ideas [green] mainly elves and wolves

Here is a link to your deck, just to make things easier. http://deckbox.org/sets/293794

I'm not an expert at building decks, but I can provide some hints. Looking at your deck, it appears that you want to build a cheap legacy deck, which is what I generally try to build.

I would strongly consider adding more land. Yes, you have a lot of creatures than can generate mana, and your mana curve is very low, but I would be worried about getting enough mana out in the early game.

Avacyn's Pilgrim and Somberwald Sage are both underutilized. If you aren't going to add more land, replace Avacyn's Pilgrim with Fyndhorn Elves. Somberwald Sage would be of more use to you if you had a method to get cards out of your library faster, like Beast Hunt, Bloodline Shaman, Commune with Nature, Enshrined Memories, Foster, Genesis Wave, Gift of the Gargantuan, Howling Wolf, or Lead the Stampede.

Call of the Wild or Green Sun's Zenith would help to get creatures out faster.

I would also consider increasing the number in the deck of each of the following: Wild Beastmaster, Doubling Chant, and Descendants' Path. Increasing these gives you a better chance of pulling them in your game, and having multiples out of each is even better.

I know why you have Adaptive Automaton in the deck, but with just one you aren't likely to pull him in a game, and as sweet as his ability is, I don't think it's sweet enough to justify putting 4 of him in.

Hopefully I gave some good advice. Enjoy your deck.

Edit: Fixed the link to your deck. Sorry about that.

Last edited by holydeg (2013-01-17 15:27:57)