Topic: So does anyone here actually care about Alt 4th ed. cards?

I've been looking around and I know there's no option for it in trade lists and I haven't seen anything about it.  If anyone is interested, I have an Alt 4th Wrath of God and Alt 4th Swords to Plowshares.  Both are M/NM.

Also please just weigh in on why Alt 4th cards are worth so much more than other versions.

Re: So does anyone here actually care about Alt 4th ed. cards?

From wikipedia, for people like me who had no idea what this was:

Alternate Fourth Edition

Wizards has used Cartamundi as their card printer since Alpha.[citation needed] For some undocumented reason, during the production of 4th Edition, the company experimented with using other vendors. Some cards were printed by the United States Playing Card Corporation, and had a thicker stock along with a glossy overcoat on the back. While these cards were not intended to be released, some starter packs were leaked out into public circulation. The cards do not glow under blacklight, unlike normal cards, and did not have the normal dot design on the back.

Sounds like it's super-rare is why it's so much more.

yes i do but i dont value them that high
but trade sent

@Morg, I agree that they don't need to be valued as high as listed but higher than your offer for sure.

@Nighthawk, I guess I should not have assumed people knew what Alt 4th was.  People that look for them REALLY want them.  I guess I was just lucky to get these for as cheap as I did (regular 4th price).

Last edited by Deathtopia (2013-01-20 00:54:42)