Land (22)

Glacial Fortress 4

Hallowed Fountain 4

Island 2

Mountain 3

Sacred Foundry 1

Steam Vents 4

Sulfur Falls 4

As you can see, this deck is pretty delver-esque.  The major problems I have with it is there is no solid two drop; Snapcaster is basically a 4-drop, flashing it in to get a charm/spear that goes to the dome.  In addition, Geist and Guttersnipe compete for the 3-drop slot.  The general idea is to poke around with creatures, before ending the game with Guttersnipe online and just casting spells/ending the game with 1 swing.

In any case, the most solid cards in deck are:

Delver: Beats in for 3 per turn, can't go wrong

Guttersnipe: Self-explanatory

Thought Scour: Cycles, card draw off Delver, puts cards in the graveyard.

I'm really considering adding:

Essence Scatter:  Possibly even as a 4-of; meta is SUPER creature heavy, ends up being counterspell in aggro matchups.  Plus, it's a 2-drop that I really need.

Please, criticism of any kind is fine, I can take it.  I really want to make this deck work.

Re: [Standard][Advice] USA Guttersnipe

I'd also look into Mizzium Skin.   With guttersnipe out, it's at worst a shock that you cast for blue at instant speed, at best it does that, and saves one of your creatures from being removed.  It's also a good spell just to cast if you need to keep werewolves from transforming.

drgolovacroxby wrote:

I'd also look into Mizzium Skin.   With guttersnipe out, it's at worst a shock that you cast for blue at instant speed, at best it does that, and saves one of your creatures from being removed.  It's also a good spell just to cast if you need to keep werewolves from transforming.

I was considering it, but I feel Boros Charm outclasses it in every regard.  It has several other effects, protects all your other creatures as well, and there is very little removal in standard that doesn't deal damage/say "destroy target x".

It also costs twice as much, and isn't blue, which is what the majority of your deck is.  Also, I'm not saying running it instead of Boros Charm, if anything, I'd replace the thought scours which are almost pointless in this deck.

drgolovacroxby wrote:

It also costs twice as much, and isn't blue, which is what the majority of your deck is.  Also, I'm not saying running it instead of Boros Charm, if anything, I'd replace the thought scours which are almost pointless in this deck.

Yeah, you're probably right. Didn't realize it had an overload for 2, and the +0/+1 is surprisingly relevant.  Good point on the Thought Scours as well; I blindly included them because they were in the original Delver; never really considered why it was good.  Thanks!

You should probably include Cackling Counterpart, it's really relevant, copying a Guttersnipe is huge and having another snapcaster for 3 Mana is nothing to shake a stick at, and given the more control-type nature of the deck you'll often be able to flash it back late-game

imsully2 wrote:

You should probably include Cackling Counterpart, it's really relevant, copying a Guttersnipe is huge and having another snapcaster for 3 Mana is nothing to shake a stick at, and given the more control-type nature of the deck you'll often be able to flash it back late-game

The deck is more aggro than control, as I usually just want to end the game off 5 or so mana.  Even so, just casting Counterpart in the first place is always good, and you never know; might help me clutch those long games. Thanks smile