Topic: Modern G/W/B

http://deckbox.org/sets/297394

Thoughts?

Re: Modern G/W/B

Depends on how competitive you want to be, the only Junk builds that i've seen do well are Doran stuff, I'm working on a Junk color modern deck myself and I find that #1 Jund will just outvalue almost anything, although Lingering Souls is a major pain in their side they can usually play through it #2 Control is usually really too strong, I mean they  essentially just need to counter your Knight of the Relinquary, then bolt any Dark Confidants you play and they will win beause your kitchen finks can't keep up with Cliques and Geist of Saint Traft, but that's just on a tournament level.

A couple things are that I think that your deck needs to choose which of two ways it wants to go, the Thalia route or the Liliana route, right now I think Liliana is really great for your deck, if you dump Lingering souls, Great! you flash it back for cheaper and if nothing else you can use a deathrite shaman on it. Thalia is also an absolute house against alot of the control decks (UW and WUR) because she slows down all of their plays while stopping Geist of Saint Traft at the same time, the main issue is that she would hurt you alot as well.

As to specifics, I havn't tested with zealous persecution very much but I've only seen it used in Goyf battles so I'm not sure how relevant it is in your deck.

Other than that it seems pretty solid, it's a bit of an Atypical decklist and so I think you'll be able to win since you're unexpected, there are some ways to throw money at a deck to make it better but for the most part Inquisition really is just as good as thoughtsieze and Knight of the Relinquary by end game is usually bigger than Goyf, although Deathrite Shaman is a major pain for the Knight.

These are just general thoughts, if there's a specific meta you're trying to play in I can probably offer some tips about what to add/cut

Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice, I was considering adding Liliana (discard late lands for Knight, etc.). What would you recommend I remove for her, and how many ? Do you think Doran would be a good addition?

Doran is pretty powerful in certain matchups can absolutely destroy delver-ish strageties aince It really cuts down on their power, it isnt as good in your deck because it hurts your finks and confidants, I dont think it works very well for you.

I like Liliana alot, its a functional removal and gives you discard, Id say it could be worth a 4 of, maybe moving pulse and persicution to sideboard, but its relative to the meta, is this for FNMs or tourneys? Also I like 1-2 tectonic edge to deal with opposing treetops, colonades and such plus it feeds your yard.

Thanks for the suggestions, anyway it is for an FNM Modern

Last edited by TheTorq (2013-01-26 23:31:11)