Topic: Feedback on standard bant aggro deck

Hey, this is a standard deck I recently put together and im fairly new to magic so im curious what you guys think of it. Any feedback is appreciated smile

Here is the deck:
http://deckbox.org/sets/292364

Re: Feedback on standard bant aggro deck

Well even though you only need to get up to 3 mana to cast your spells 18 lands is really risky, you will very often only have one land in your opening hand and especially in a 3 color deck where almost everything has 2 mana symbols in the cost I wouldn't go below 20 which is what I'm running in my 3 color aggro deck, and having too much land doesn't really come up for me. Most people like to run 24 lands because it improves consistency.

If you wanted to know what I'd cut from the deck I do not like Trained Caracal in any deck, especially not an auras deck, it's really really easy to kill and to be honest the lifelink rarely matters, I'd recommend adding Avacyn's Pilgrim / Arbor Elf, this can get your stuff on the board a turn faster, I.E. Geist of Saint Traft/Silverblade Paladin on turn 2 or being able to put an enchantment on a creature I.E. Invisible stalker enchanted with anything accept Spectral Flight since that costs 2.

Just a thought, what are you planning to do for sideboard? If you're planning to play at FNMs or anywhere where people have sideboards Glaring Spotlight could be a bit of an issue for you. Right now Invisible Stalker is like almost impossible to kill but if they can get a spotlight they can kill it and all of the auras on it with one spell, now not everyone will use spotlight but it's certainly something worth considering.

Good Luck smile

I know that a build I ran against recently actually had 4x Abundant Growth to help with card draw while also bumping Ethereal Armor's pumps.  Perhaps a few more enchantments would be of use - any of white's "soft" removal spells, i.e., Oblivion Ring fall into this category.  Similarly, I would suggest some means of adding to your creatures' toughness beyond the armor, as a well timed Rolling Temblor will essentially end the game for you.

I'm not as opposed to the Trained Caracal, but I can see where you would be better suited with some mana dorks, as per imsully2's comments, and potentially Loxodon Smiters.  They might not have the hexproof, but they have a huge body that's out of Searing Spear and most burn range to begin with - and that's BEFORE you start with any auras. 

Beyond that, I would suggest some sort of counter-magic in the sideboard (Negate and Dispel especially) as all non-creatures cannot be protected with Cavern of Souls and are still easy pickings - especially when you're stopping said Rolling Temblor.

Ive never personally had mana issues with the deck besides having the right colours out occasionally, thus why I put in all dual lands. xD Some good ideas there for sure, lifelink actually makes a huge difference ive found when play testing the deck against people and I do plan on running it in a standard FNM and seeing how it fairs. Definitely some good suggestions though, and faith's shield/simic charm can protect the geist/stalker is need be.

Any ideas for a sideboard would be great, I was thinking of siding counter spells, supreme verdict, naturalize and maybe detention spheres. Im not sure how to link cards so my apologies for that also. lol