Topic: Opinions on extort assassin deck.

I personally liked how blind obedience made the job of royal assassin that much easier smile What do you guys think?

Deck list is here:
http://deckbox.org/sets/320574

Re: Opinions on extort assassin deck.

What kind of deck are you trying to make?  This deck is pretty much all standard, except for the Royal Assassins.  If you're trying to take this to FNM, you'll have to take him out.  Or is this for kitchen table play?

Well I was thinking more of a multiplayer deck as that's where extort is actually good. Sorry for lack of more description, I was on my mobile when I posted this. On the subject of FNM though, do you think it would be viable in extended format?

Well if you wanna use Royal Assassin, you'll have to do some kind of extended format, most likely modern.  The problem is, for this deck to be viable in modern, you'd need to replace a lot of this newer stuff with older (more expensive) cards.  Now, if you're just playing this deck casually, it not a big deal either way.

Id probably be playing mostly casual with this type of a deck but which modern cards did you have in mind? I don't really have much experience with the modern format at all as im still pretty new to magic in general.

First things first.  Lands are crucial.  Get more Godless Shrines and try to get some Isolated Chapels.  You have several cards that cost two black, and you don't wanna get stuck with white mana.

I'd probably swap the unburial rites for Immortal Servitude as a lot of your creatures share casting costs.  You could hypothetically return 8 creatures to the field for six mana.  Not too shabby.

Tainted Sigil also pairs nicely with the Vizkopa Guildmage.  Also, Rhox Faithmender doubles the effect, and is a great blocker.  Also, Blood Artist should not be overlooked.

Now into the older stuff.  Serra Ascendant can replace that 1/1 lifelinker.  Martyr of Sands gets real stupid with this build.  There's others, but I'm too sleep deprived to think of them.

Those are some really good ideas. I actually just got a hold of a couple faithmenders so im going to throw those in smile Thanks for the suggestions, they are very much appreciated.

Umm..

White/black extort deck?

This seems like a no-brainer in my opinion.
Exquisite Blood + Vizkopa Guildmage

Activate the second ability.
Cast something. Extort. Win the game.
Literally.
Infinite loop.

Works just as well in multiplayer too

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

That combo is very easily disrupted though, and it's at least turn six before you can get it off.

This is a kitchen table type deck and he can run crypt ghast to accelerate it.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

I have both the mage and exquisite blood in the deck. Crypt ghast looks like something decent to add if I can get my hands on some.