Topic: Looking to trade legacy for legacy

Looking for people who wan to trade legacy or vintage for other legacy or vintage. We have started a community to prevent waves of "up traders" every time you post to the forum. please note if you dont have legacy cardsin your TRADE list you wont be allowed to join. happy trading
http://deckbox.org/communities/legacy_traders

Re: Looking to trade legacy for legacy

HellHammer wrote:

Looking for people who wan to trade legacy or vintage for other legacy or vintage. We have started a community to prevent waves of "up traders" every time you post to the forum. please note if you dont have legacy cardsin your TRADE list you wont be allowed to join. happy trading
http://deckbox.org/communities/legacy_traders

Good idea. I had to take my Lion's Eye Diamonds (and a pile of other things) out of my trade list, because anytime I posted on here asking for Standard trades, I would get besieged with trade requests that included all my most expensive Vintage cards.

right and while this forum gives you tons of exposer it gets murky with all of the people looking to sell cards aswell. My goal is to have mostly experenced players who check deck box regularly.

Why not just simply cancel the trade and say something like "don't need these right now, sorry" or make a counter-offer?  Elitism over cardboard is pretty lame.

The problem some people have is the make one post to the reddit trade group and get 20 or 30 trade requests for cards they are not looking for and cards they are not looking to trade. Also a lot of the people who have legacy cards in their trade list have not been online for years or so. we are just trying to find away to gather legacy players so they can use this website more effectivly.

I only have cards I am willing to part with (for a good deal) listed in my tradelist. I am willing to part with those NOT on my tradelist (inventory only) if the deal is right. I deal with vintage through standard. I let people ask me if I am willing to trade my cards for what they feel or think I want. I then change it to what I am looking for at the time. Making an elitist (or whatever you want to call it) group for this type of trading is only going to hurt those who join. Just be upfront on your profile page about how you deal/trade. IT is your line of protection. People will still ask either way. But at least you have it posted ahead of time and won't care about hurting their feelings when they impose upon you.

So I've been looking to trade my NM Dark Confidant + something small for a NM Badlands, I thought a good place to do this would be the legacy traders community.  But I was denied access, any reason for this?

talk to me rocc

mrturk1001 wrote:

talk to me rocc

Will do.

Rocc wrote:

So I've been looking to trade my NM Dark Confidant + something small for a NM Badlands, I thought a good place to do this would be the legacy traders community.  But I was denied access, any reason for this?

To be honest I may have accidentally clicked the wrong button. They are small buttons to press when using a phone or iPad and you're too stubborn to use zoom...

Profanity wrote:
Rocc wrote:

To be honest I may have accidentally clicked the wrong button. They are small buttons to press when using a phone or iPad and you're too stubborn to use zoom...

That's fine, already traded it away for what I wanted so I probably won't be using it unless I come across some more legacy cards that I want to ditch.

I understand the need for this because there are lots of people being sharks real bad when trading standard with vintage/legacy/modern. It's almost like they will snap away at victims when they see one.

But then again, the best practice for me would be to give a disclaimer on the Profile Page. That kinda stops people from taking advantage of you.

I understand everybody's opinions on the matter, and have no hard feelings for any who feel our group is unnecessary.