Topic: Redrafts after T2 tournaments

I've noticed that after first two-three weeks of organising standard tournaments without any problems, now the tournaments are not that popular and it may be problem to gather at least 8 persons to play with sanction of WoTC. There is also problem with new players - I've didn't noticed new players that would like to play standard. I think it may be connected with the prize system.

Now the system is clear - only top 3 is receiving boosters, usually nr. 1 2 boosters, nr. 2 and 3 one booster. And rest ... nothing. It may be good for competitive players, but it's very discouraging for begginers or for players that don't want to pay lots of cash for tier 1 deck. So my proposition is to make redrafts.

If somebody don't know what is redraft, let me explain quickly. If in the pool are 4 boosters, at the end of swiss organisator is opening all of them, segregate the cards by rarity, and then according to the table after swiss everyone is picking one card. After everyone picked one card, there's next round and everyone is picking two cards, and so on. As you probably can see, in this system even place 4 or 5 can receive not that bad rare or quite good uncommons. It's better for the begginers, especially if you don't have that many competitive players (and I think for now, regularly playing - there are 3-4 of them maybe).

I think that this system may attract new players, and keep the old ones still playing. In Warsaw I loved this system, cuz in tournaments with 20-30 persons, I had always a possibility to win a good cards even from place 8-10.

Re: Redrafts after T2 tournaments

Good idea, let some1 else than the usual win something smile.

I don't know, if I win, I don't want to open the booster so I can use it for the league. Cuz otherwise it's just expensive, and even when I do win, the prize pool is just too disappointing. Like last sunday I actually won all of my matches and got a big Nothing. Totally disappointed. I feel like the ROI is just too small, I do enjoy it when I dominate everyone, so I'm still going to come, but less and less.

benczi wrote:

I don't know, if I win, I don't want to open the booster so I can use it for the league. Cuz otherwise it's just expensive, and even when I do win, the prize pool is just too disappointing. Like last sunday I actually won all of my matches and got a big Nothing. Totally disappointed. I feel like the ROI is just too small, I do enjoy it when I dominate everyone, so I'm still going to come, but less and less.

What is ROI? I don't think I'm familiar with that term...

Benczi, the league has no prizes because it's a league and all the prizes are for the overall standings, not individual events standings... Prize pool has nothing to do with it.

RTFM.

(Rares: Return on investment (ROI) is a performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. It is one way of considering profits in relation to capital invested. Wiki power)

Last edited by Zgarbas (2013-03-06 09:51:10)

Speaking about ROI, I think redraft is even better sometimes than boosters. Usually we can gather 8 persons, so it's 4 boosters. We're opening 4 boosters - position nr. 1 can be sure that he/she can redraft the best card from 4 boosters (not from 2 boosters), other positions can do the same, and positions from 4-8 can be sure that they will exit the tournament with cards with which they can play (charm's for example).

And BTW - I think that it's more reasonable to look at the return on investment when you're playing on PTQ, or WMCQ, than on retarded FNM without promo cards with 4 boosters in prize pool wink

Zgarbas wrote:

(Rares: Return on investment (ROI) is a performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. It is one way of considering profits in relation to capital invested. Wiki power)

Adică pe româneşte: mie ce-mi iese? big_smile

we could do it on thursday/friday/