Topic: A couple of Dark Elf questions

I've just started a Dark Elf deck, and have a couple of questions;

1. If I trigger the Action on Lash the Prisoner and sacrifice the unit, do I get to put a resource put on Slave Pen? I'm assuming not, because the Slave Pen sacrifice is a triggered action itself, but wanted to check I was playing it right.

2. If I play Seasoned Corsair and target a unit with 2 hit points (reducing it to 0), is that unit immediatly removed from play? I'm not sure how the mechanic for HP reduction works.

3. Har Ganeth. Does the "less than 2 hit points" mean a unit's remaining hit points? As in, if a unit has 3 hit points and has taken 2 damage, can I remove it? Or does it just mean units with a printed HP of less than 2?
Also if a unit has 2 HP and I have Vile Sorceress, reducing a unit to 1 HP, is that unit removed from play then?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Venomx51 (2013-03-17 17:13:55)

Re: A couple of Dark Elf questions

Ok, so I found the Rules Summary, which answers questions 2 and 3...

Last edited by Venomx51 (2013-03-17 17:13:29)

Re: A couple of Dark Elf questions

Venomx51 wrote:

I've just started a Dark Elf deck, and have a couple of questions;

1. If I trigger the Action on Lash the Prisoner and sacrifice the unit, do I get to put a resource put on Slave Pen? I'm assuming not, because the Slave Pen sacrifice is a triggered action itself, but wanted to check I was playing it right.
[...]

Thanks for the help.

Hi Venom,

you're assuming correctly: sacrificing a unit is a cost for both actions. This question crops up in many disguises (Daemon Prince is the usual culprit), and the answer is always the same: one sacrifice per effect is necessary.