Topic: Looking for recommendations on MTG game stores in NW Atlanta

Hey folks! I just recently moved to the Atlanta metro area NW of the city. I wanted to see whether any of you good folks had recommendations on gaming stores for purchasing, trading, and playing. So far, I've plans to visit Raven's Nest and Giga-Bites, both in the Marietta area. I'm basically looking for a welcoming store and community.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for recommendations on MTG game stores in NW Atlanta

What part of NW Atlanta. How far is roswell from you.  Super Games is in there very close to 400.  I live in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek area and there are 4 stores near me I go to, Each serves a purpose.  if you don't mind driving a bit my friends and I FNM at Titan Comic and Games off of 85 NOP. small group, very casual, just play for the fun of the game, not hard competition. $10 draft if you want to and a lot of EDH.

Here is my Profile, Tradelist, and Wishlist

http://pwp.wizards.com/2300486981/Scorecards/Landscape.png

I'm up in the Woodstock area. Roswell is certainly do-able from a driving perspective. I'll take a look at Titan. I've done very little EDH and would love to learn more about the format. Can I let you know when I'll be in the area?

Yeah I'm on a lot so just hit me up here.  I go about everyother week and there is always a few spare EDH decks to play so if you want to learn it's a great place to do so.  there is one in smyrna but I go to the one in Duluth  the guys there are really nice and it's a small group so you will be included very easaly.  with bigger stores it's sometimes hard to just show up. you just end up sitting in a corner waiting for an orginized event. that it won't be like that at that store.  anyway, love to meet you if you end up coming out there.  Super Games is a great play to get singles if you are wanting them.  their FNM is a standard event with lots of side drafts firing off but there's always 100+ people.

I've recently started going to Titan for fnm and its great for casual. $10.14 drafts, 2 packs to 1st and promo to second and extra promos are randomly given away. Very casual, nice people. The gaming pit is a very competitive place and I found the people there to be slight abrasive (no offense to anyone that goes there). They were just all super competitive and had the top tier net decks. They would also do thing like reach across and untap/tap my stuff and move my cards around if I, for example, drew before untapping and just seemed really impatient. It does have really good prize support and a lot of traders though if you want to go somewhere competitive.

Yeah. Gaming Pit is in the same parkinglot so if you need to trade or buy something Titan doesnt have you can just walk over there. But the reason I still play is Titan.

Me and some friends play at supergames. We'll frequently go to Tower (we are going tomorrow to play modern) and Ravens nest as well.

Supergames is more competitive though. FNM is pretty basic, but any of the turny's will have quite a few tier 1's.

We havent tried gaming pit or titan yet.

I only trade domestically, thanks!
Always trading for guru or judge foil lands.
Buying Thread | Reddit MTG Trade Thread | Tradelist | Wishlist

If you are wanting to test teir 1 or against teir 1 super games is a great place.  Go there at 1:00 on sundays for a free standard tournament.

If you end up going to Titan my name is Brandon, I go about every other Friday but the normal group is always there and welcoming. Hope you end ip getting plugged in

Wow, fully awesome details, folks. Thank you very much! I hope to begin exploring some of these stores over the next few weeks. I'll post updates in this thread with my progress, etc. Still getting used the amount of driving needed to get around these parts. big_smile

Augustella wrote:

If you are wanting to test teir 1 or against teir 1 super games is a great place.  Go there at 1:00 on sundays for a free standard tournament.

If you end up going to Titan my name is Brandon, I go about every other Friday but the normal group is always there and welcoming. Hope you end ip getting plugged in

Pretty sure I met you a few months ago in a draft/commander. I came in with my brother who had never drafted before. You guys got me into commander and now I have 5 decks and a playgroup at home smile

This store is awesome. Very casual, very nice, lots of fun.

Hey, folks. I'm finally settled and ready to start my game store search. For those of you who mentioned Titan, the Duluth store is a bit of a haul for me. Are either of the Smyrna stores just as friendly/welcoming? I'm also within reasonable distance of the Super Games in Alpharetta. I'm hoping to be out to try FNM in the next few weeks. Thanks again!

Last edited by brightmatrix (2013-04-06 13:01:15)