Topic: Any recommended card Travel / Carry / Storage Cases?

Hi,

Just starting to buy some cards. I am being sucked into the MTG scene and cant stop. I have seen some neat little carrying cases that are leather. Some small, some large, all kinds of sizes in a collection of my nephews.

Is this a stupid question because its all personal preference or are there actually nice  ones for a nice price, or extremely good ones, etc?

If so, please do recommend. I plan on creating several decks to play casually with until i get too deep into this that I need current cards. A nice case or three will get me through I hope.

Re: Any recommended card Travel / Carry / Storage Cases?

Im too anxious... i bought a couple ultra-pro magnetic flip boxes, red and black. wink Still curious about feedback on other stuff though.

I personally have a soft-sided briefcase that I carry mine in:

trade binder (3")
fat pack box with 3 EDH decks
fat pack box full of dice
fat pack box with planechase set
white card box full of token cards

I try to always have a pen and pad of paper in there as well to figure out trades etc.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=7425222 has some other links to stuff as well.

When I go play, I do NOT take my trade cards. It would way me down due to the number I have. I do use proxies in my decks so I do take 2 fat pack boxes full of the original cards so when a proxy is played, I put the original (in top loader) into play, putting the proxy out of play. My decks are in flip boxes (8- 70 card flip boxes and 1 double flip box (izzet vs Golgari duel deck flip box for edh). 4 of those are in a cardboard card box.

I've been using the case from the Christmas boxed set, and carrying that in a satchel. I've got a couple cheap ultra-pro deck boxes for the two decks I tend to use and a bag for dice (I tend to find spin downs and d6's of various colors to be easier for me to handle things). The dice bag and deck boxes are sometimes taken out of the main box if I'm planning on playing and not dealing with anything else.

Haven't been playing all that long though, and it's only half full.

Now, there are other things from other games I've played. The big one being from the old Decipher Star Wars CCG, where I've primarily been using these clear plastic cases (can't remember who makes them, the box had that on a sticker) that has two slots where you can fit a deck and three larger ones. I'd used those for several things, walmart sometimes carries them

If you have a Harbor Freight Tools store near you, you can get a nice case for cards there.  Use search term "aluminum case" on their site.

I have 2 of them and they are lockable as well.  Item 69318 is the one that comes with foam inserts so you can cushion tools you put in the case.  I ended up using the foam as dividers for the case since it doesn't come with enough.  I can comfortably carry about 26-28 ultra pro deck boxes as well a playmat and dice bag in one.  And if you happen to catch their weekly coupon in your local paper, you can usually land a 20% off deal on it.  They are on sale right now #69315 for 29.99 and can probably get it for about $24 plus tax which is what I did.  Second case  I got without the padding and it was even cheaper since they are usually 22.99 and with coupon ended up being like $20 with tax. 

I just kinda stumbled upon these when I was looking for a nice case for my cards to travel with that hard walls.  Would recommended them to anyone.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/160x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_21296.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/160x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_21232.jpg

Image added in edit on 4/9/13
Here is what they look like in use:
http://www.rickgarrard.com/images/cardcase.jpg

Last edited by KCRich (2013-04-09 16:13:08)