Topic: First deck in 16 years, any help is appreciated

For starters, I haven't played this game since I was 9, and although its slowly coming back to me, I was never competitive enough to really ever build a deck. I've recently met some new people that are into MTG, and I'd like to participate in games with them. Nothing too serious, we'll work our way up to that.
That said, my local store had a good sale I couldn't pass up on a Intro Deck, so I went with GTC Boro's Battalion. Here is the standard deck unaltered: http://deckbox.org/sets/371258

I also picked up a booster battle pack, of which (I feel) these cards can be effectively applied to my pre-made: http://deckbox.org/sets/371265

So for starters, I'd like to make a decent R/W deck from what I've got there. I'm not too sure of what cards should be swapped out for better ones, and still keep decent mana curve balance. Obviously I'd like to get cards such as Aurelia into the deck, but not sure what to remove to keep it balanced.

Onto my next deck, the B/W. I want to build this because I pulled a Obzedat Ghost Council from one of the boosters, and I'd like to put the card to good use. Someone suggested I build a R/B/W deck, but I don't feel I have enough mana sources to sustain this yet. This is my partial build: http://deckbox.org/sets/371282

I'm assuming I'll have to lend some W cards from the Boro's deck, just not sure which exactly would work well together. Any input is appreciated.
Forgot to add, this is my complete card library incase there's anything I have and didn't include that someone might find useful for my needs: http://deckbox.org/sets/371245

Re: First deck in 16 years, any help is appreciated

I'll go ahead and say control isn't my thing, so that's about as far as I'll go on the Orzhov deck.
The Boros deck however is more my style so here are my suggestions.

Only 2 things really jump out at me in the main deck as things i would pull. First is Ordruun Veteran, i know a 3/1 double striker is an odd choice to be my first card removed but any chump blocker can take him down, and i generally want creatures who won't lose to Memnite. My second card to drop is Act of Treason, I'm not a big fan of the whole stealing cards and giving them right back that red does.

I'd replace the creature with Aurelia, the Warleader because of her effect and the sorcery with either Martial Glory or Righteous Charge because extra damage is never a bad thing.

I'm still not thrilled with Fortress Cyclops's cost, he feels heavy for this deck, especially when i can replace one of him with a Assemble the Legion and make a small army of chump blockers in his place.

Unless you get your hands on some more Boros Guildgates Crackling Perimeter and Hold the Gates aren't doing much for you.

I think I'd consider sideboarding Prophetic Prism, Skyblinder Staff, and Assault Griffin. Prophetic prism for those days when you've been repeatedly out of one color and the others because you have a lack of defense against flying.

Lear wrote:

Only 2 things really jump out at me in the main deck as things i would pull. First is Ordruun Veteran, i know a 3/1 double striker is an odd choice to be my first card removed but any chump blocker can take him down, and i generally want creatures who won't lose to Memnite.

I don't do standard so not sure about the rest of your post.  Double strike does its first swing in the first strike phase of damage, so it would kill memnite and most chump blockers before they get a chance to deal damage.

Nighthawk wrote:
Lear wrote:

Only 2 things really jump out at me in the main deck as things i would pull. First is Ordruun Veteran, i know a 3/1 double striker is an odd choice to be my first card removed but any chump blocker can take him down, and i generally want creatures who won't lose to Memnite.

I don't do standard so not sure about the rest of your post.  Double strike does its first swing in the first strike phase of damage, so it would kill memnite and most chump blockers before they get a chance to deal damage.

I believe the issue being raised is with the fact that Ordruun Veteran must have battalion trigger in order for it to be any better than just a Daring Skyjek... and considering that he's double the cost and wouldn't even have any evasion, I have to agree that he should likely come out.