Topic: [Feature Request] Deck Ratings

I think it would be good if other players could rate decks you've added, say out of 5 stars or something, with better decks thus receiving a higher rating. Then you could just click an option to sort the decks by rating, allowing you to bypass the (not necessarily bad, just janky, or suboptimal) lower rated builds and concentrate on the decks the community views as "better decks". Just a thought ^^

Re: [Feature Request] Deck Ratings

I second that!

http://pwp.wizards.com/9212457895/Scorecards/Landscape.png

Yep, I've thought about this, and I think it's an important feature.

What held me back from implementing it is that in their current form, decks can be radically changed after someone rates them, rendering the rating irrelevant.

But there will be some changes in the near future that will enable this. So stay tuned tongue

I second that!

smile) smile)

http://pwp.wizards.com/9212457895/Scorecards/Landscape.png

sebi wrote:

Yep, I've thought about this, and I think it's an important feature.

What held me back from implementing it is that in their current form, decks can be radically changed after someone rates them, rendering the rating irrelevant.

But there will be some changes in the near future that will enable this. So stay tuned tongue

You make a good point. It may be useful if there was a way in which the deckbuilder could specify specifically which metagame environment the deck was built for (For example in Warhammer Invasion is the deck was including Deathmasters Dance cards, or was just Core + Path of the Zealot etc)

This ability to catagorise would also help people to sort through the decks more easily as you could instantly jump to the decks which where most relevant to the current meta.

bountyhunteruk wrote:

It may be useful if there was a way in which the deckbuilder could specify specifically which metagame environment the deck was built for (For example in Warhammer Invasion is the deck was including Deathmasters Dance cards, or was just Core + Path of the Zealot etc). This ability to catagorise would also help people to sort through the decks more easily as you could instantly jump to the decks which where most relevant to the current meta.

You mean in the deck list page ? MtG has such a filter for formats (Standard, Extended, Legacy). Not sure how that would look for filtering Warhammer decks. Would you want to search for all the decks that use cards from a specific edition?

The basic idea is the same as the Magic one you cite. I'll be honest, I have no idea how to make it work though. Indeed, given the small number (but growing!) of WH:I decks atm listed, perhaps it's more of a "to consider later if it actually becomes an issue" thing rather than anything that detracts from the current site. wink

You could solve that problem of changing decks rather easily: Store all single ratings ever given including the list of cards that the deck was using at that time. When the deck changes, figure out the relative change (with 5 new cards in 60, that's 8.3%), and then recalculate the ratings as weighted average, with the weight getting decided from this value. In my example, that would give all old ratings only 91.7% weight, and all newer ratings 100% weight. It is not as perfect as it could be, but still decent. If more than half the cards change, delete the rating entirely.

For performance reasons, you could just discard the oldest 100 ratings, because those are probably wrong anyway by now. And allow people to re-vote when their rating was deleted.

Very interesting idea! I haven't thought of weighing the ratings...

I'll think about it... (Right now the biggest problem is that the state of a deck is not saved over time, so there is no history). But there will be...