Topic: EDH Help - Teysa

http://deckbox.org/sets/377419

Looking to get some suggestions on which cards to cut from this Teysa EDH idea...

There are a few different themes going on in this list... a little bit spirits/tokens... some extortion... and trying to make it very unprofitable for my opponents to attack me. Any help is greatly appreciated! big_smile

Re: EDH Help - Teysa

I apologize if these ideas are scattered, I'm just going through your list and noting what I see.

First off, a lot of these creatures are too conditional and frail for EDH.  Ten turns into the game, you do not want to be drawing into a Thrull Parasite.  Honestly, I would probably drop all of the extort stuff.  It's kind of an ability that you need to focus on for EDH, and you lack that focus in this deck.

Right now, this deck actually kind of lacks focus in any direction.  I can't really tell what your win conditions are supposed to be. 

Also, cut Emeria, the Sky ruin in favor of a basic plains.  You have a total of 9 plains in that deck, and the odds of having 7 of them out, in addition to emeria are staggering.  Actually, since you're only running two colors, you can probably stand to lose most of the lands that come into play tapped in favor of basics.

Re: EDH Help - Teysa

Good points... I was afraid this deck had too many ideas within it.

I plan on reworking  the land base once I have firmed up the main decklist, cutting some of those etb tapped lands will definitely help.

Thanks for the feedback!